ZetorMan98's Workshop Projects

ZetorMan98

Right lads, instead of taking over other threads with my rambling, I've decided to start this one for the various workshop projects I have going on. I'm awful for doing a bit with something, leaving it and going at something else. In the yard at the minute, I have a Zetor 5911 undergoing a full restoration, an Ursus C385 that is just being tidied up but will get the full treatment down the line all going well, a Vicon 602 or 802 (I'm not really sure which) that has the gearbox stripped to do the bearings, and 2 single disc (400kg?) fertiliser spreaders needing work, a 10x6 tipping trailer that was painted and needs timber and a 5ft Major transport box that needs a new floor, but to name a few! I'll upload photos as I'm going along. I can't put any up at the minute as I' at work. And for all the Zetorphobics among you, it'll be advisable to stay away due to high doses of Zetor influences! :tt2:

So a small update. After a lot of head scratching with myself and the father this evening, I've decided to give the Ursus a full rewire. He wasn't too keen on the idea but I think its the best option. We spent quite a few hours tracing wires and finding live wires with no power source that we could see so in the end I just thought enough was enough. Have no photos as there isn't much to see with what we're currently at. Hopefully I'll have the bulk of it wired before the weekend. If anyone knows anything about the flasher unit for the indicators on the Zetor crystals/Ursus would you please drop me a pm as I'm struggling with how they should be connected. Thanks in advance.

A small update today lads. After a few evenings of more head scratching and things not doing what they're supposed to I've ordered a new wiring loom for the ursus. I feel it's the best idea. I spent a while this morning taking out any broken or wrong glass and I'm ordering that Monday.

Last edited:
When finished is she going to work or just an odd tractor run
I'm not really going to do it up at the minute, only just a tidy up and finish the Zetor then. Both will be earning their keep as I see little point in keeping something that saw a good sum of money in the shed and only taking it out once in a while. That's just my opinion though. Each to their own. In saying that, they won't see any hard work due to the size of the farm here and also that we're only really starting out.

Right lads, a bit of an update. After many late nights over the last week we have finally got the old Ursus tidied up a bit. There's still a few jobs to be done on her but the bulk of the work is done. Hoping to have her 100% for a local vintage tractor run next Sunday, along with getting silage done between now and then. I'm very happy with how she has turned out so far!
A few photos............
IMG_8426.JPG IMG_8423.JPG IMG_8429.JPG

That's a bit of progress for a few evenings alright. did you mask and spray or brush/roller?
There was a mixture of spraying and rolling. The bonnet was rolled, along with the cab and roof. The mudguards and nose were sprayed. We had all the panels taken off her which made life easier for painting. The wheels are yet to be done, but with plans for doing silage, it could be next week before we see them done.

There was a mixture of spraying and rolling. The bonnet was rolled, along with the cab and roof. The mudguards and nose were sprayed. We had all the panels taken off her which made life easier for painting. The wheels are yet to be done, but with plans for doing silage, it could be next week before we see them done.

Would your other project be at the front of the house in a nice surfing village?

Would your other project be at the front of the house in a nice surfing village?
We're not near any surfing village here, well not that I'm aware of anyway! :lol: I'm a north Galway man. You might be thinking of another part of the country? :confused3:

We're not near any surfing village here, well not that I'm aware of anyway! :lol: I'm a north Galway man. You might be thinking of another part of the country? :confused3:

I am surely, there's something like your other project outside a house in Dromore west in Sligo, I thought it might be yourself. I might get a pic when I pass tomorrow

Right lads, I was out for a spin this morning and decided to swing by the local lake to get a few photos. Hoped to get them yesterday morning while it was sunny but things didn't work out. Here's a few that I took anyway. I have a few more of work that was done about a week ago. They'll go up later on today.
IMG_8435.JPG IMG_8438.JPGIMG_8444.JPG IMG_8453.JPGIMG_8456.JPGIMG_8459.JPGIMG_8455.JPG

Right lads, haven't been on here much recently due to spending the last few weekends at various vintage runs and shows. I'm heading off tomorrow morning for another one. We have been dong a few small jobs trying to finish off the Ursus; wiring brake lights, master switch and bits like that. I have also since sprayed up the wheels on the Zetor. I haven't got much done on the tractor itself due to the weather being so bad! With the evenings getting shorter, its harder to get anything right done after work. I must build myself a right shed/workshop! :lol: I'll eventually get photos of everything up but it can be awkward at times to transfer the photos from phone to computer.

Right lads, haven't been on here much recently due to spending the last few weekends at various vintage runs and shows. I'm heading off tomorrow morning for another one. We have been dong a few small jobs trying to finish off the Ursus; wiring brake lights, master switch and bits like that. I have also since sprayed up the wheels on the Zetor. I haven't got much done on the tractor itself due to the weather being so bad! With the evenings getting shorter, its harder to get anything right done after work. I must build myself a right shed/workshop! :lol: I'll eventually get photos of everything up but it can be awkward at times to transfer the photos from phone to computer.

Good man!

Have you a smartphone? If so, you can use dropbox or google drive to automatically transfer photos from phone to pc.

Good man!

Have you a smartphone? If so, you can use dropbox or google drive to automatically transfer photos from phone to pc.
Thanks @candor. I have an iPhone 4s but the storage is full in it at the minute. I must look into clearing off a bit to download something. For a young lad, I'd be considered very slow with technology!

Thanks @candor. I have an iPhone 4s but the storage is full in it at the minute. I must look into clearing off a bit to download something. For a young lad, I'd be considered very slow with technology!

We all have to start somewhere, ask away if you have any questions :Thumbp2:

No bother to ya to work snapchat!! I seen a few flashing beacons in action this evening
I should be well seen now anyway!

:oops2: I forgot to mention that along with the original lights, there has been a few more added! :lol:
You'd have an idea that she's a young lads tractor now! :ban:

I've managed to get a few photos uploaded from the phone at last. So here ye go;

A photo from during the original strip-down.
photo 1 (1).JPG

We decided to get in a wuffler for a few hours to do our silage this year.
photo 2 (1).JPG

We then split her to do the rear crankshaft seal.
photo (6).JPG

A few photos from the Mountbellew Vintage Club run and show.
photo (7).JPG photo (5).JPG photo (4).JPG

And one from the Corofin Tractor Run last weekend. Needless to say, I had a few of the more modern machines overtaking me. My top speed is clocking somewhere between 25 and 30km/h so the big boys weren't too happy being stuck behind me!
photo (3).JPG

Right all, I've been meaning to put up a post in here since last weekend. I've been at a few odd jobs on both the Zetor and the Ursus over the last couple of weeks and I'm also after taking on an 8x4 cow box as a project for a man. I've a few photos so bear with me.

I painted up the dash and got all the clocks and lights working properly on the Ursus.
IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0121.JPG
I also tacked the wheels of the Zetor, which I got sandblasted and painted myself.
IMG_0125.JPG
I ordered a damper and airbag for the air seat in the Ursus, which gave a huge step up in comfort from the old coil spring.
IMG_0179.JPG

Right all, I've been meaning to put up a post in here since last weekend. I've been at a few odd jobs on both the Zetor and the Ursus over the last couple of weeks and I'm also after taking on an 8x4 cow box as a project for a man. I've a few photos so bear with me.

I painted up the dash and got all the clocks and lights working properly on the Ursus.
View attachment 40776
View attachment 40777
I also tacked the wheels of the Zetor, which I got sandblasted and painted myself.
View attachment 40778
I ordered a damper and airbag for the air seat in the Ursus, which gave a huge step up in comfort from the old coil spring.
View attachment 40779

Looking well.:Thumbp2:
If you thing that the coil spring is bad , you should have driven it before I put the coil spring under it .
As far as I remember , that seat top was out of the previous owners 12045 , and he engineered a car sear into the 12045 , as he was driving that himself ,, under a Pottinger Mex VI.

Back