ZetorMan98's Workshop Projects

Nice little project ZM :Thumbp2:
On that size of a trailer I would go with single dropside tbh, but you might have a specific reason for going double.
Thanks Mike. :thumbup: Having used both belonging to a couple of friends, I prefer the split sides for a few reasons. They're easier manage on your own taking on and off (full length aren't heavy just a bit awkward, especially if its windy). I'm also planning on making up a high set of turf cribs and if they're split, like the boxes, they'll be manageable on your own too. There's no real reason behind it other than personal preference. I know most would probably go for the single side on that size trailer too.

Thanks Mike. :thumbup: Having used both belonging to a couple of friends, I prefer the split sides for a few reasons. They're easier manage on your own taking on and off (full length aren't heavy just a bit awkward, especially if its windy). I'm also planning on making up a high set of turf cribs and if they're split, like the boxes, they'll be manageable on your own too. There's no real reason behind it other than personal preference. I know most would probably go for the single side on that size trailer too.
Good thinking batman:Thumbp2::Thumbp2:

On a side note, would anyone have a set of 8 stud wheels and tyres lying around that won't break the bank...... :thumbup::thumbup:
Rim size wouldn't really matter once the overall height isn't over 33~ inches.
Failing that, an 8.25 17 tyre, as I have an old rim buried in one of the sheds here somewhere. :weld::cowboy: TIA

Right lads, bit of an update on the trailer. I made up the corner posts and centre posts for the sides, along with 1 of the 4 side boxes. I also made up a bar for lights and a number plate at the back as there was nowhere on it to mount them. I have the steelwork all painted par the centre posts and side box. The floor has gone in also. I am in the middle of wiring the trailer up now at the minute. The next step will be to make up the rest of the sides and get timber for them. a few photos of how she's sitting at the minute.
IMG_0863.JPG IMG_0864.JPG IMG_0866.JPG

Update time. I got the side boxes made up the end of last week with the exception of drilling the holes for the pins, which I'm yet to do, but it's a minor enough job. I'll get timber for them all going well during the week. I spent a while yesterday on the road, picking up a set of super single wheels for it. I think they are 435 wide but not 100% sure. All I know is they're plenty wide for the trailer anyway! I got them on it last night to see how they fitted. It's all wired up now. I want to take off the wheels, clean them up and paint the hubs (I might paint the wheels too, depending how they come up). Anyway, enough rambling. Here she is with the new wheels.
IMG_0892.JPG IMG_0897.JPG IMG_0899.JPG
And the side boxes all mocked up
IMG_0880.JPG
I also got the bits to change the brakes on the Ursus back to fluid and got them in and adjusted up. The tractor will now stop from flat out over the length of itself. I got a floormat for it too and it tidied it up an awful lot. I've no photos of that at the minute but I'll get a few and stick them up.

Update time. I got the side boxes made up the end of last week with the exception of drilling the holes for the pins, which I'm yet to do, but it's a minor enough job. I'll get timber for them all going well during the week. I spent a while yesterday on the road, picking up a set of super single wheels for it. I think they are 435 wide but not 100% sure. All I know is they're plenty wide for the trailer anyway! I got them on it last night to see how they fitted. It's all wired up now. I want to take off the wheels, clean them up and paint the hubs (I might paint the wheels too, depending how they come up). Anyway, enough rambling. Here she is with the new wheels.
View attachment 43759 View attachment 43760 View attachment 43761
And the side boxes all mocked up
View attachment 43762
I also got the bits to change the brakes on the Ursus back to fluid and got them in and adjusted up. The tractor will now stop from flat out over the length of itself. I got a floormat for it too and it tidied it up an awful lot. I've no photos of that at the minute but I'll get a few and stick them up.
You may watch the gate hangers with those on her. She'll take a bit of sinking though in fairness. You'll make a fine job of her

You may watch the gate hangers with those on her. She'll take a bit of sinking though in fairness. You'll make a fine job of her
She's only about 7ft wide at the widest point but it'll take a bit of getting used to none the less. I decided after getting the loan of a trailer with twin wheels last year that sank in the bog, that I'd rather not have to go through it again

Coming along nicely, are them wheels standard off a lorry? Had you any bother in matching the pcd of the wheels you replaced. You may have seen my thread titled trailer tyres, but i was looking to get tyres to replace existing ones on a 10 x 6 trailer, however seeing those that you fitted, the likes would be ideal.

Coming along nicely, are them wheels standard off a lorry? Had you any bother in matching the pcd of the wheels you replaced. You may have seen my thread titled trailer tyres, but i was looking to get tyres to replace existing ones on a 10 x 6 trailer, however seeing those that you fitted, the likes would be ideal.
Them tyres are usually on blower trailers have them here on bale trailers

Thanks lad. I'm told they were mini super singles so I'm assuming off a truck? When I asked about the hole centres I was told all 8 stud are the same so I took his word for it. They fitted anyway, bar having to enlarge the stud holes to take the bigger studs. They replaced 8.25 17s and aren't much taller (around 35 inches overall). If I'm not mistaken, it was 20s you were replacing? So they'd probably be lower.

Last edited:
At first glance I thought that they were 19.5's, but maybe they are 22.5's?
There's nothing stamped on the tyres, as I think they're remoulds. They were advertised as 435/50/15.5, but they are measuring 19.5, so I'm assuming the 15.5 was just a typo. I must measure them up properly tomorrow when I'm out.

There's nothing stamped on the tyres, as I think they're remoulds. They were advertised as 435/50/15.5, but they are measuring 19.5, so I'm assuming the 15.5 was just a typo. I must measure them up properly tomorrow when I'm out.
19.5's alright I'd say, they are generally what are called mini super singles

http://www.gribbentractors.com/tyres_wheels/index.html
I found this crowd based on a seach of 435 super single,
the following are listed as mini super singles
425/55/R19.5, 435/50/R19.5, 445/45/R19.5,
19.5 rims may suit me provided the rims can be got to suit the axle in the trailer
https://www.donedeal.ie/plantmachinery-for-sale/super-singles/14970565
These are them. If you're interested in a set and you want to see these before going all the way to Kildare , you're more than welcome to have a look.

There very hard pulled when the see a hill the slider all over the place
The Ursus should have no bother with them anyway at 80 odd hp. It's only a 10x6 at the end of the day so you'll never have a huge load in it anyway. Thankfully, all our land is fairly flat too so the only real hills it will see will be on the road so we should be fine.

How do you like them on bale trailers?
Harder pulled in field than big super singles or not?
I think what JD is talking about is the likes of 425/435 x 22.5. I remember talking to a guy a few years ago about those mini super singles, he had them on a JPM multpurpose trailer and reckoned they werent great in a field at all.

I think what JD is talking about is the likes of 425/435 x 22.5. I remember talking to a guy a few years ago about those mini super singles, he had them on a JPM multpurpose trailer and reckoned they werent great in a field at all.
Yeah I wasn't on about the mini ones I got confusseled

Can I ask what you mean by not great in a field? Just curious as there's still a few bits and pieces to be done with this before it gets any right work. I only brought it for a quick spin to see how she sat behind the tractor and to make sure everything was sitting ok.

Can I ask what you mean by not great in a field? Just curious as there's still a few bits and pieces to be done with this before it gets any right work. I only brought it for a quick spin to see how she sat behind the tractor and to make sure everything was sitting ok.
I'd imagine they will be a big improvement on the wheels you replaced :Thumbp2:
The lad I am referring just reckoned they werent as good to keep rolling as the full size SS's that he had on his previous trailer.

IMG_0035.PNG IMG_9290.JPG
Will 435r22.5 fit on a standard 385 rim?
Be good on a dump trailer

Fairly sure these are 435s, seriously good tyre under the dump trailer. I doubt they fit on the standard rim but I'm not sure. Got these of a 40' box trailer I bought a few year ago for €500. Wheels were worth that alone, still have the two axles on the ground and the box is sitting on the ground used for storage.

Back