Calcifert granulated lime is proven to neutralise soil acidity and is suitable for all crops including grassland, cereals, fruit and oilseed rape.
Made from fine limestone flour combined with a water-soluble organic binder, Calcifert consists of hard granules of between 2 and 5mm in diameter, produced in the UK from limestone mined in the Peak District.
Calcifert is suitable for use on all farms, including organic systems, forestry and horticultural use. It is supplied conveniently packaged in non-returnable 600kg bags for ease of handling.
Recent trials on sandy soil have shown that at a depth of 2-3 cm, an application of 248kg of Calcifert per hectare increased pH by an average of 0.9 within four weeks. After four months, at depths between 2-15 cm, there was an average pH increase of 0.6.
Calcifert has many significant benefits over traditional agricultural lime include:
- Calcifert can be used year-round as a cost effective way to control soil pH.
- The biggest benefit to farmers is that Calcifert doesn’t need to be applied by specialist contractors – it can be applied by you, using conventional farm fertiliser spreading equipment.
- Can be spread at anytime of the year and with other fertilisers
- Can be applied on bare ground or to growing crops
- Applying Calcifert granulated lime provides a quick and easy way to effectively balance soil pH, improving quality and yield.
- Limestone granules of a regular size and shape ensure an even spread and rapid uptake
- Calcifert can be applied on bare ground or to growing crops, unlike conventional lime
- Lower application rates than conventional lime make Calcifert a cost effective option
- Approved for organic farming
- Can be used to spot treat ground - making it economical for treating small areas
- Can be applied in widths up to 36 metres
- Safe to use: non-toxic and non-hazardous
Please contact us for information and prices