Forum4Farming - Britain & Ireland Farming Forum, Agricultural Discussion Boards. IE & UK
Go Back   Forum4Farming - Britain & Ireland Farming Forum, Agricultural Discussion Boards. IE & UK > Machinery Matters
Register FAQ Forum Rules Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpt View Post
They are mad money don't C+G make them for Massey.
They do, nice contract for c+g :thumbup1:
I think they do a replacement 600 door now too.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:16 PM

My cousin runs a 3080 and a 3090, had them from new. They broke his heart at the silage with the 32x32 box going in bits. He gave up the silage then and it is only himself or the sons that drive them and he hasn't had a problem since. As long as you have manners with them and stop dead when changing the A-B range they work fine, in his experience anyway. The wiring also posed a bit of a problem from time to time, he has gotten around this by wiring anything that gave trouble direct (bypassing computers and everything else). Not the way id like it but it does work and it suits his needs.

The problem is buying a second hand one, God knows whats been up on it before! Thats why we stayed away from them.

Looked at a good few 3085's and 3095's, great little tractor. Saw alot of crap out there that looked great in the ads online There was one in Carnforth in North lancs, a 3085

http://www.usedjohndeere.co.uk/stock/

This is the guy, not on his website now but he may still have it. Was ridiculously clean and tidy, literally was like new.

We ended up going for a 6170 in the end. More comfort and better visibility. Despite a minor electrical glitch (probably our own fault) very happy with its performance so far and most importantly, for its size and power, its relatively easy on diesel. I heard some horror stories of 6200 series where the driver could watch the needle drop driving along!
Old 07-05-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedan View Post
As long as you have manners with them and stop dead when changing the A-B range they work fine, in his experience anyway.

Yes that would be my opinion on the 32 speed box, i had a 3065 with this gearbox as loader tractor, it did 12000 hours with no problems yet i know of tractors that had problems at least once a year, i'm not surprised considering the drivers.

We ended up going for a 6170 in the end. More comfort and better visibility. Despite a minor electrical glitch (probably our own fault) very happy with its performance so far and most importantly, for its size and power, its relatively easy on diesel. I heard some horror stories of 6200 series where the driver could watch the needle drop driving along!
Had 2 6150's, mf had to take the first back and the next wasn't the best either.
However the 6200's were a different tractor, i've owned 4 of them and still have 3, If i could have my way the next new tractor i buy would be a new 6200.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:08 PM

[QUOTE=Red Bull;125611]Had 2 6150's, mf had to take the first back and the next wasn't the best either.
However the 6200's were a different tractor, i've owned 4 of them and still have 3, If i could have my way the next new tractor i buy would be a new 6200.[/QUOTE

A friend who Is an MF mechanic reckons the 6200 were the best tractors Massey Ferguson have made. Far better than what came before or after them.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:16 AM

A 6200 would might have been a better machine alright but it was out of our price range

After we bought it we were chattin a couple of people with the 6200 range and both of them complained about the diesel usage. How do you find yours Red bull?
Old 08-05-2012, 11:12 PM

It's no 95, but it's the cleanest 3000 series you'll find. I'd say she'll fetch big bucks. Very worthy http://www.parristractors.com/used-f...ource=1&id=348

http://www.agrifoto.nl/
Old 08-05-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darabeef View Post
It's no 95, but it's the cleanest 3000 series you'll find. I'd say she'll fetch big bucks. Very worthy http://www.parristractors.com/used-f...ource=1&id=348
looks very smart!

here is a nice 3120 in wales, i believe the asking price is 11,250.

Wish i was ready to buy one

http://farm.autotrader.co.uk/stock-i...7e4268d/advert
Old 09-05-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darabeef View Post
Clean tractor one to buy and put away in a shed.The 3000s are going up in value they could be bought for small money twelve months ago.
Old 19-05-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d8666 View Post
[A friend who Is an MF mechanic reckons the 6200 were the best tractors Massey Ferguson have made. Far better than what came before or after them.
My thoughts exactly. Only thing i'd change would be to give them an eco gearbox, 40k at 1800 revs or even a 50k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedan View Post
A 6200 would might have been a better machine alright but it was out of our price range

After we bought it we were chattin a couple of people with the 6200 range and both of them complained about the diesel usage. How do you find yours Red bull?
Back when i bought my first one, a 6270 i was doing quite a bit of work for a contractor lugging silage and was using less diesel than his JD's , 66 and 68, 10's and 20's.
Old 19-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bull View Post
My thoughts exactly. Only thing i'd change would be to give them an eco gearbox, 40k at 1800 revs or even a 50k.

Back when i bought my first one, a 6270 i was doing quite a bit of work for a contractor lugging silage and was using less diesel than his JD's , 66 and 68, 10's and 20's.
That wouldn't be had!