Forum4Farming - Britain & Ireland Farming Forum, Agricultural Discussion Boards. IE & UK
Go Back   Forum4Farming - Britain & Ireland Farming Forum, Agricultural Discussion Boards. IE & UK > Machinery Matters
Register FAQ Forum Rules Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 02:33 PM

Default massey ferguson 3095/85

welli would like to know as much information about these tractors as possible as we considering one(but then again the tractor reference is different everyday). It would particularly suit us because they are low money and we wouldnt have to worry about finance for it. What i would like to know is:
are they under rated ?
are they electronical nightmares ?
do they have 40k box ?
would they stand up to abuse ?
would they be easily fixed if they broke ?

also if anybody see's some floating about the internet please post it in here but has to be in ireland too expensive to import.

would be very greatful for replies
Old 04-11-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.96 View Post
welli would like to know as much information about these tractors as possible as we considering one(but then again the tractor reference is different everyday). It would particularly suit us because they are low money and we wouldnt have to worry about finance for it. What i would like to know is:
are they under rated ?
are they electronical nightmares ?
do they have 40k box ?
would they stand up to abuse ?
would they be easily fixed if they broke ?

also if anybody see's some floating about the internet please post it in here but has to be in ireland too expensive to import.

would be very greatful for replies

We had one from new, cira 89-90 ( i think) may of been later im getting old
ours had a good 100HP no tweaking, pulled a 3m kuhn accord combi, 4 leg shakerator, 5 F dowdeswell rev,
any electronic issues honestly no.. minor it can sometimes need to have the battery terminals sorted/cleaned as it likes a good contact.
ours would 20 MPh +
how much abuse?? you dont want to be kicking the arse out of any tractor realy , it was serviced regular etc,
very reliable,
pros, excellent gearbox, dyna shift is seemless, how ever the linkage nder the cab can get sloppy soon sotred with a 10mm spanner, dont rest your hand on the long levers as it wheres the high-low synchro,,
comfy office to sit in all day,
make sure the mirror is still on the back window so you can see the pickup hitch (its the best invention ever..)

the fuel filler cap is by the back window... what a shit place to put a fuel cap.. crap all over it,,,

pto is easy to change pair of long nose pliers to ease circlip,
the door pockets are rubbish the bottom will drop out...

if you can find one get one, we should never have sold ours but the hp needed on the farm meant it had to be "up graded."
Old 04-11-2012, 04:45 PM

heres a 3095 looks in fair good condition low hours for age if genuine http://www.clarkemachinery.ie/used-m...00060_up.aspx#
Old 04-11-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casestudy View Post
heres a 3095 looks in fair good condition low hours for age if genuine http://www.clarkemachinery.ie/used-m...00060_up.aspx#
seen that alright, the brain in the gearbox is gone and the massey dealer says it 720 for the brain and fittin of it, the left door doesnt open from the outside and a few more niggly things but other than thats its fine enough i think
Old 04-11-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
seen that alright, the brain in the gearbox is gone and the massey dealer says it 720 for the brain and fittin of it, the left door doesnt open from the outside and a few more niggly things but other than thats its fine enough i think
David king electronics will probably fix it cheaper than that.

Still as it is I bet it is no less than 10k

Last edited by nashmach; 04-11-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:34 PM

Good tractors very underated cheap to buy easy enough to maintain.
The cab is a very comfortable place to spend a day despite no axle or cab suspension.
Cab doors can suffer from rust and they aren't cheap to replace.
The front axle bush will wear without regular greasing which will cause the pinion to run slightly out of line and will chew the splines but easily modified with a hardy spicer if got in time.
Handbrake is internal can break up and send bits flying around the backend rare enough for that to happen though the discs usually shatter in half easy 150 diy fix.
Electrics are simple enough any fault i've ever had was usually traced to a broken/bared wire or bad connection somewhere.
I think all the 5s were 40k with either 16x16 or Dynashift box.
The 3095 is the one to have my one pulls like a train
Old 04-11-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmach View Post
David Clarke will probably fix it cheaper than that.

Still as it is I bet it is no less than 10k
if your talkin about the dealer his name is Gerard he only lives down the road from me and would you belive me if i told you one of the sales men priced the brains at 2k for me, hes a hard man to deal with, sayin that he has that tractor there about 15 years so someone said
Old 04-11-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Thats in Clarkes a long time QTP do the ECUs for those at a lot less money than that.
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/3008511
I'm sure this lad would have one s/h.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
if your talkin about the dealer his name is Gerard he only lives down the road from me and would you belive me if i told you one of the sales men priced the brains at 2k for me, hes a hard man to deal with, sayin that he has that tractor there about 15 years so someone said
is it there 15 years? i thought it was there about 3 or 4 years but i could be wrong im sure shes been looked over lots of times so maybe not such a good buy after all.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpt View Post
Thats in Clarkes a long time QTP do the ECUs for those at a lot less money than that.
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/3008511
I'm sure this lad would have one s/h.
aye but we always maintained if your buyin something buy fully functioning