log splitters

or, what about this baby!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

16-20c1150orsp.jpg

enquiry.asp

That a fine macheine tinman something bit simpler would do my job as long as it doesnt have a wooden handle

That a fine macheine tinman something bit simpler would do my job as long as it doesnt have a wooden handle

you know where there is one for the time bieng!:001_smile:

would just have to slip it out past the old man!:lol::lol:,
he has been drummin on to me about setin it up for him for ages now,
im afraid to in case he decides to leave the tractor hydraulics pumping the ram closed, and head off for tea, and maybe a read of the paper before he would come back.:crying:
and neways, i have better things to be at these days.

make your own one h beam a bit angle iron welded on the end a double acting ram.bobs yer uncle:thumbup1:

is that just a log spliter or is there a saw on it as well

Just a big log splitter 30 ton . It is the business. I bought it in a sale . The council where selling it . Apparently it cost £6000 new and it was as new when I got it .

What did you sell it for!

£ 2,300 + Vat . I think it was probably worth a bit more but I know the young lad who bought it and I did not whant to be hard with him . We all have to start some time in business

£ 2,300 + Vat . I think it was probably worth a bit more but I know the young lad who bought it and I did not whant to be hard with him . We all have to start some time in business

Good value at that. Looks like it has a lifting arm as well.

jesus pa i dont know about that yoke, im on about the tm400 one
its wild light looking, id be thinkin it has a low relief setting, anything more and it would rip that channel iron off in a second.
and didnt we go "all out", in the pto version!!.
no sense with that yoke imo.
it id have heart failure with the knotty buck.

Never had anything to do with them, but ive heard they are a cheap and cheerful yoke!
Here is some live action!

[YOUTUBE]RKbHGxLW-ME[/YOUTUBE]

PA i bought a Malone one about 3 years ago ,paid 750 euros for it and never had a problem with it i would have no problem recomending it to anyone ..It splits blocks for the parish its hardly ever at home , but great bit of kit ..

In the late 70s, when Dutch Elm really got going, we had to have 70 large elms down. 5-6ft diameter jobbies. We cut them into rounds and then didn't know what to do with them because, as some will know, dead elm is hard and can be a pig to split.

Anyway we had a chap live near us by the name of Reynolds (Reynolds 531 tubing ) and his company were making the rams for JCB at the time. He was a real engineer. And he made a splitter using a 360 ram and a great heavy section of staunchion. Ram was a bit big and it took a bit of filling but nothing stopped it. It was a vertical ram that pushed down to the floor. We used the digger to push the rounds onto it.

I got a bit silly one day and put a piece of cordwood in sideways, about 5" thick, and it went off like a canon. Would have gone straight through someone if they had been in the way. The only problem with the machine was you couldn't keep the 2" piece of plate on the bottom of it, it would push it off on a regular basis.

Awsome piece of kit.

wouldnt like to get the fingers caught in this yoke:whistling::whistling:

[YOUTUBE]2bVAAx3mMKY[/YOUTUBE]

What about this DANGER

[YOUTUBE]2bVAAx3mMKY&feature=fvw[/YOUTUBE]

What about this DANGER

your about a world cup too late with that one joe:laugh:

I like these....:001_cool:

[YOUTUBE]hhmKBDIAXd0[/YOUTUBE]

we all would like one of them pa:lol::lol:

still tho, after lookin at a few videos on youtube, it would seem the vertical log splitter is easier on the operator, as in one lift and just slide it around to finish the splitting, the horizontal ones require more of an effort, as in the operator constantly has to correct the work piece by lifting it.
however,
the way the one splits the log in pa's video is the easiest way of all, would seem even safer,
this would be more difficult on a table mounted design as there is nowhere for the slices to go after the log is split.

this is a good lookin splitter,
but our operator has a dodgy sense of work safety.
he seems more interested in becoming a movie star than a log splitter operator:no::no:

the down side to log splitters is that it would be verry easy to loose a hand or arm.
most machines now are sold with a safety device, but most get by-passed in the first half hour of use.

[YOUTUBE]UM3CsARlqpY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

That looks a good machine alright, and it has a nice work height.
Some of the horizontal ones are back breakers. :no:

Back