perkins

See the 2680 on donedeal? 160hp phaser engine out of Dennis truck that loaded sandwiches into planes in Dublin airport.
bit of head scratching but 2days and it was back drawing silage!!
Its possible!!!

not impossible, if it's 4wd then the shaft will need to be longer if going for a 6 pot, also i wouldnt go much stronger than the biggest hp tractor in the range (ie)'mf 390t then i wouldnt go much more than the 399 at 105 to 110 hp as the drive train aint able to put up with the extra power, also the cooling system might need to be changed...

One day in the distant future (if funds and time allow) ive always thought about marrying an ag spec 6.354 into a MF 185/8 chassis, suppose it may be something to do in retirement :D im only 27, so ive got plenty of time to save up :lol:

One day in the distant future (if funds and time allow) ive always thought about marrying an ag spec 6.354 into a MF 185/8 chassis, suppose it may be something to do in retirement :D im only 27, so ive got plenty of time to save up :lol:

390 engine in a 188 makes some job of it had one on the bog this yr great power but the steering was very dodgy lol

I know a few hedge mechanics that put a lorry engine in a Bulldozer . It went fast but would not push your granny down the stairs .

i just happen to no where there's perkins 6,354 engines that could be bought for €250

the only problem with that is the cheapest 188 on donedeal is €7500:whistling:

i just happen to no where there's perkins 6,354 engines that could be bought for €250

the only problem with that is the cheapest 188 on donedeal is €7500:whistling:

:lol:
Still though, for €7750 you could have one hell of a pocket rocket :D

I know a few hedge mechanics that put a lorry engine in a Bulldozer . It went fast but would not push your granny down the stairs .

you have to pick your engine.get the pump tweaked and youll be grand! They are governed different.a combine engine is the most suitable but the breakers set too much value on them.

See the 2680 on donedeal? 160hp phaser engine out of Dennis truck that loaded sandwiches into planes in Dublin airport.
bit of head scratching but 2days and it was back drawing silage!!
Its possible!!!

Seen that alright, looked very well and must have went well too!!!

Just like that prototype that was made. Duncan cab would be great too:D

Why would anyone invest anything in a 188 they had crap steering and gearbox were noisy and cold in winter and warm in summer .

They would both be 248 engines anyway but I guess the 390 engine would have more poke :thumbup:
deefo had more poke in it than the 399 we had there also

Why would anyone invest anything in a 188 they had crap steering and gearbox were noisy and cold in winter and warm in summer .

before the uncle died he got the engine put into it as the engine was shagged. its just kept on the farm now for small odd jobs and cleaning a few sheds that the industrial loader cant fit in.
theres a few old masseys here 168 188 and a 35 all original one owner machines. 168 had a fully reconditioned engine in it to a few yrs ago and spends its days usually on a diet feeder. if the farm ever gets sorted id like to restore the 35 and 188 back to original condition.

deefo had more poke in it than the 399 we had there also

before the uncle died he got the engine put into it as the engine was shagged. its just kept on the farm now for small odd jobs and cleaning a few sheds that the industrial loader cant fit in.
theres a few old masseys here 168 188 and a 35 all original one owner machines. 168 had a fully reconditioned engine in it to a few yrs ago and spends its days usually on a diet feeder. if the farm ever gets sorted id like to restore the 35 and 188 back to original condition.
I put 7000 hours on a 135 and I will never get that time back . We did her up before we sold her .

Seen that alright, looked very well and must have went well too!!!

Just like that prototype that was made. Duncan cab would be great too:D

Really???? :no: Those things should never have been invented, for one they were pig ugly, and two, they probably deafened more drivers that they saved in roll over accidents.

I hate them with a passion, and with good reason, and why on earth would you want a cab when you have a 6.354 under the bonnet, its a sound that you could listen to all day. :thumbup:

Yes im a DB man at heart, but perkins had the best 6 cyl on the market with that engine imo, far less juicy that the "blue" alternative :cool:

We restored a JD 2120 last year, the owner was adamant he wanted the duncan cab kept on it, even though it was rotten as a pear. By the time we had sourced new glass for it, welded new tin into both wings, sorted all the niggly little things like catches and handles, it cost him three times what a decent set of shell fenders would have done, and the tractor looked awful with it on as well :(

Duncan cab or a MF Flexi cab - no contest IMV :thumbup:

Duncan all the way.

Yet again John and I disagree :D

As a matter of interest does or did anybody else run an older and newer generation Perkins side by side and how did the compare?

Have a 236T in the Landini and 1004 in the Case. Both are meant to be the same power but they certainly dont feel that way, both same hours.

Landini is an animal to pull even with 0.5t more weight and a clutch on its last legs and the Case has new rear tyres and very mute in comparison.

Just wondering is it the engine or more the drive train.

As a matter of interest does or did anybody else run an older and newer generation Perkins side by side and how did the compare?

Have a 236T in the Landini and 1004 in the Case. Both are meant to be the same power but they certainly dont feel that way, both same hours.

Landini is an animal to pull even with 0.5t more weight and a clutch on its last legs and the Case has new rear tyres and very mute in comparison.

Just wondering is it the engine or more the drive train.
Is it that the newer version has the newer emissions stuff and has deadened it a bit? That and the drive train might make it seem mute?

Back