Mchale vs Welger

johndeere6920s

Come on tinny if we were tinking about buying a new f5600 why would you go for the 245?
I wasnt long coping your a welger man :D

he'll prob say latches on the doors to begin with:tt2:

Thats a standerd reply from the welger men sure a man near me had a mchale before and now has a welger he says its easyer drive it my argument is buy a bigger tractor if u want to make a good solid bale with the mchale.

i dont see the point in them tbh we have 50k on the mchale like and apart from the odd bearing and carrier theres no bother tine crossed over today the man on her nearly lost the top of his finger when she came out

that's why I use a pry bar then straighten them with a spanner:thumbup2:

I know a guy at the minute who is fed up of his 30k bale welger235. I was surprised to here this , but as he said himself , I'm buying a mchale.

mchale all the way,work with a contractor who had a welger rp220 up to 2007 before he traded it it for a fusion.He wouldn't take a present of a welger again and says that they are only scrap

mchale all the way,work with a contractor who had a welger rp220 up to 2007 before he traded it it for a fusion.He wouldn't take a present of a welger again and says that they are only scrap

thats a 220 tho there diffrent machines now like i know mchale f550s inside out but you always tink the grass is greaner on the other side we wouldnt be makin a mad amout of bales tho about 6000 a year

Has this not been discussed before . Everyone has there preference one way or the other mine is toward`s welger .James ds you alway`s seem to know someone who is switching machine`s :rolleyes: as said what type of 235 was it an extra cut or profi two very different baler`s i would rate the 220 profi ahead of a 235 they changed the pick up reel and auger and not for the better .

In the second week of june i mowed 22 acres of silage of a reasonable crop it was a dry week i mowed it on a thursday evening and it was rowed up and baled on the friday the baler came at 7 in the evening it had 24 hours to wilt.
Our normal contractor who has a mchale f550 was to busy to bale it so he sent another contractor with a brand new welger 245 mastercut.
He had a 140hp tractor and the bales were chopped very well i know this because he put one out with no net and when i rolled it out to be baled again it fell apart the best chopped bale i have ever seen.

Their was 250 bales on the 22 acres i think that if the field had to have been baled with a mchale their would not of been as many bales.
I drew in bales made by a fusion in the dry and my tractor was rareing with too bales on the back. It wasnt with the welger bales.

In the second week of june i mowed 22 acres of silage of a reasonable crop it was a dry week i mowed it on a thursday evening and it was rowed up and baled on the friday the baler came at 7 in the evening it had 24 hours to wilt.
Our normal contractor who has a mchale f550 was to busy to bale it so he sent another contractor with a brand new welger 245 mastercut.
He had a 140hp tractor and the bales were chopped very well i know this because he put one out with no net and when i rolled it out to be baled again it fell apart the best chopped bale i have ever seen.

Their was 250 bales on the 22 acres i think that if the field had to have been baled with a mchale their would not of been as many bales.
I drew in bales made by a fusion in the dry and my tractor was rareing with too bales on the back. It wasnt with the welger bales.

But surely if its chopping it better than the mchale its gonna put more into the bale so that would mean there would have been more bales with the 550..?

dry matter and density setting, and even type of grass influence bale weight, my krone can make better bales than some men on mchales but then i rate fusion as best and still have taken customers from a local fusion baler for chopping ability.

But not the same field you can only compare if both baler`s were side by side in the same field different field`s different grass . :rolleyes:

o know a man that ran a welger and changed to a mchale lost no job and made 2000 less bales sometings wrong there

The welger packs the bale well but with the latches on the door it is a smaller bale than the mchale.
The mchale door opens a bit under pressure which leaves the bale a bit bigger.
A standard roll of plastic will wrap 33 welger bales at 16 turns each the same roll of wrap will cover 31 mchale bales. Their is a difference in bale size.

Back