Price of parts

Arthur

Need a part for the hedgecutter, wee shaft 130mm long, 40mm dia. weight just over a kg, internal splines one end, tapped for a grease nipple at other end, machined for a keyway and a circlip. A few pics.Photo0354.jpg

Photo0353.jpg

Photo0355.jpg Usual chocolate bar offering for the nearest guess excl. vat in € , only one guess each:yes:

680+vat i,ll have a curly wurly
Virtual Curly Wurly on it's way, €685 +vat, works out at about €680,000 /ton:eek:
is ti out of the gearbox of her spanner?
or the head?

On the head between the motor and the belt pulley, soft enough when the splines went but better there than on the motor shaft. Bit feeble looking to transmit 85 hp. Going back to the price of parts why is it available at £375 in UK but €685 over here all coming from the same manufacturer, even allowing for exchange rate thats barely €500.

Virtual Curly Wurly on it's way, €685 +vat, works out at about €680,000 /ton:eek:

On the head between the motor and the belt pulley, soft enough when the splines went but better there than on the motor shaft. Bit feeble looking to transmit 85 hp. Going back to the price of parts why is it available at £375 in UK but €685 over here all coming from the same manufacturer, even allowing for exchange rate thats barely €500.

Who is the importer?

Kverneland Group Ireland formerly I.A.M.
its actually mc connel ireland thats the importer, but there's your problem there.

its not as bad as a 6,000 euro difference in a new hedgecutter.
mc connell ireland are just taking the piss out of anyone buying mc connel stuff and if right was right, people would boycot them, but the irish man wont do that, he has no backbone.
he is the kind of lad that will let the importer fcuk him over while at the same time giving out about it down in the pub.

its actually mc connel ireland thats the importer, but there's your problem there.

mc connell ireland are just taking the piss out of anyone buying mc connel stuff and if right was right, people would boycot them, but the irish man wont do that, he has no backbone.
he is the kind of lad that will let the importer fcuk him over while at the same time giving out about it down in the pub.

True enough, distributed by KV.. http://www.mcconnelire.ie/ ,TBH and I've said it before McConnell are trading on a name and where they once were the best out there others have caught up even if they are all part of the Alamo group.

Agree with what your saying tinman but breaking down on a Friday afternoon and having to wait until Monday for parts to be shipped isn't much addition either. Loofah dealers here know the craic but there's not a lot that they can do about it

Kverneland Group Ireland formerly I.A.M.

Do many of ye stock parts? When buying a new machine I think it's a good idea to get some of the more common to break parts and have them instock, either buy them with the machine or source as cheap as you can elsewhere, when broken down and in need of a part there is little time for pricing or waiting. We keep a few bits for the baler and wrapper, not much, but better to have them than be looking for them late at night or over, if any of ye are stuck I'll lend a part, if it's any help.

Agree with what your saying tinman but breaking down on a Friday afternoon and having to wait until Monday for parts to be shipped isn't much addition either. Loofah dealers here know the craic but there's not a lot that they can do about it

Thats down to the dealer not importer

Do many of ye stock parts? When buying a new machine I think it's a good idea to get some of the more common to break parts and have them instock, either buy them with the machine or source as cheap as you can elsewhere, when broken down and in need of a part there is little time for pricing or waiting. We keep a few bits for the baler and wrapper, not much, but better to have them than be looking for them late at night or over, if any of ye are stuck I'll lend a part, if it's any help.
What kind of parts would you have in stock? I'd have normal wearing parts here, couple of bearings and I'd usually carry a spare hose too. Carrying the the likes of a joystick or gearbox or a spare motor would be a bit too costly for me although at this stage I'd have must of them in stock from fixing broken ones...
Dealer here has a great stock of parts but unfortunately with a price to match because of the price they're buying them from the importer.

What kind of parts would you have in stock? I'd have normal wearing parts here, couple of bearings and I'd usually carry a spare hose too. Carrying the the likes of a joystick or gearbox or a spare motor would be a bit too costly for me although at this stage I'd have must of them in stock from fixing broken ones...

Dealer here has a great stock of parts but unfortunately with a price to match because of the price they're buying them from the importer.

Something like the SPFH I'd carry a certain amount of spares for, flails and bolts and bushes is all I'd carry for the hedgecutter, easy enough get a hose made up locally, will be adding drive belt to that lot for next season. most other stuff is tying up too much money and sometimes the machine might be traded up and be left with the part, "Pottinger rake tines anybody, have a clatter of them that the dealer wont take back" . Paying a slightly inflated price can be acceptable if the part is in stock but when it has to be imported and I can import it for less and the fact that the vat is removed is another bonus.

i know that too, and there are times you just have to bite the bullet and cough up, i do have to do it here times too.
yeah, they cant do anything about it, mc connel know it to as they were aware of it when i spoke to them in germany, they were a bit taken back that i had approached them about it tho, and couldnt beleive the price difference.
id keep a fair shot of stuff here, normally as you say id buy common spares with a new machine if i was buying.
of the last two machines bought, the topper came with a full new set of blades bolts and bushings so i wouldnt have far to go if i needed them.
the tedder came with a half dozen tines just in case.

in this case hi its not, apart from if you mean the delaer should be crying about the scandal and if thats the case, then yeah, your dead right.
id know the dealer for mc connel well here, their hands are tied it seems, we were trying to buy off him, and his trade price was good, but mc connel were charging him a ransom for the product in the first place.

the other dealer was dearer so we thought it no harm to tell him what we could buy it for in the uk, (ni actually) figured if he cared for the sale he might do something about it, and so he did, he went direct and wes geting one off them, came back to us with a far better price and we told him to order it.
originally there was no problem,
a week passes and he rings back to say he could get the hedge cutter but they hadnt the brackets in stock, and wouldnt have them for near 6 mths....
so we had to cancel it.
the same day we rang the dealer we bought it from, and he had to arder all, had the lot in a week.
now, im not going to spell out what id say happened, but im sure it involved phone calls......
a dirty act imo.

Back