Bord Bia Quality Scheme

just going trough medicine book and meal dockets for tomorrow , I,m surprised with the no of single tags missing even an odd double

Were they all from 2013 born stock by any chance agreid?

Last winter we lost around 10% of tags. A dept inspector commented that it was very common....

just going trough medicine book and meal dockets for tomorrow , I,m surprised with the no of single tags missing even an odd double

Would the missing tags happen to be the White bvd tags? Very very common for them to break, even the more recent "improved" ones still break easy enough

Last winter we lost around 10% of tags. A dept inspector commented that it was very common....

That's fair enough, a lot of the inspectors have some common sense once you look to be putting the effort in.

2014 bulls pen of 20 six singles and one double,the tags could have been carry over from 2013.comrade heifers none missing.herding cows and calves trough a gap maybe seven of cows missing a tag .

Would the missing tags happen to be the White bvd tags? Very very common for them to break, even the more recent "improved" ones still break easy enough

mostly but not always the original button bvd tag are staying well in cows

mostly but not always the original button bvd tag are staying well in cows

Yeah the button tags seem to last better but the yellow bvd tags were useless. They were replacing them free of charge just if you told them there the bvd tags.

If there are changes to the details of a herd number, does the Quality Assurance have to start from scratch again?

As in same herdnumber but different names on it? Also if anyone knows for the various Angus/Hereford schemes too I'd appreciate it.

Changed from 2 herd numbers to a farm partnership here, told Bord bia what we were doing and it was no problem at all just continued the same as if nothing changed.

If there are changes to the details of a herd number, does the Quality Assurance have to start from scratch again?

As in same herdnumber but different names on it? Also if anyone knows for the various Angus/Hereford schemes too I'd appreciate it.

I'm nearly certain all is grand.

Are you adding the new missus already?

Aye hold lads....ceo should go ....well i get rid of bord bia altogether lock stock n barrell.they have more than we'll ever see in a yr.
Had online audit in end of June or early july .it went grand.humpy hoors all they could complain about was no eye wash in 1st aid kit but they didnt ask to see it " just take a picture of first kit with it open" and complained about sheds not powerwashed yet.thought i was doing not to bad seeing i was on creche duties in the house from 815 am til 615 5 days a week when creches were closed.
The eye wash thing seems to be same trick question that they would ask about a broken needle still in an animal and having to write it on the card

I see the CEO of bord bia was good to herself

Absolute bullshite, I'm have zero respect for BB or its CEO, but taking her to task for relocating to France for 10 week with her French husband is way over the top.

This time last year was when she should have been shown the door along with anyone involved with beef in BB

We could all have used that excuse how well her mother inlaw was living in france if she was living in the arsehole of ireland would she have traveled? that is the question?!!

Given the medical conditions mentioned, I would think so.

She followed the rules and got advise from the relevant authorities so I don't see what the big commotion is on this. Must be a slow news day somewhere.

Back