Tough mobile phones

The battery life on phones drives me nuts even if your not using them for anything abroad calls you'd struggle to get 12 hours

Have a Samsung Galaxy A3 I think, it's my 3rd or maybe 4th Samsung, seems to be fairly tough. Had a flip over cover on the last couple but this one just has something similar to the Otter Box, maybe it is an Otter Box, I haven't really a clue. It came free with the contract. The last time I killed a phone I gave €120 to replace it with the same model, I thought it was enough, I wouldn't spend €400 on one in a fit. I have all the apps turned off, just use it for calls and the odd text, I'd charge it every night and the battery would go from about 7am til 11pm without going below 55 or 60%.

I find with an otterbox on it, the Iphone stands abuse pretty well. I had an issue with a cracked screen, but I think that was more the fault of the screen protector, it cracked and IMO took the screen with it! I dont bother with those protectors now and it seems to be lasting well.
2 issues I have are 1- very poor battery life and 2 - charging. Compared to other phones I have had, the charging port (and its relationship with the charger cable) seems very delicate and temperamental.
One cable might be okay, another - the slightest touch might stop or start it charging and another cable might not work if you kissed its ass.

Have the same issie with those stupid chargers for the i phones had a 5s for 2 yrs and id say i went through 10 chargers, ones of the reasons i went samsung. Have Samsung here 3 yrs and never an issue with chargers.

I have a Samsung Galaxy XCover 3 and it's reasonably tough. It's supposed to be rated IP67 for dust and water, mostly it is but they forgot to design in covers for the charging port and the earphone socket. Water has gotten into the earphone socket a couple of times and makes the contact which means you can't hear it ringing or if you answer a call you can't hear the other person. Other than that I'm fond of it. I do have it in a flip open case though.

I have a Samsung Galaxy XCover 3 and it's reasonably tough. It's supposed to be rated IP67 for dust and water, mostly it is but they forgot to design in covers for the charging port and the earphone socket. Water has gotten into the earphone socket a couple of times and makes the contact which means you can't hear it ringing or if you answer a call you can't hear the other person. Other than that I'm fond of it. I do have it in a flip open case though.
Getting signal be a challenge if in the sticks

The battery life on phones drives me nuts even if your not using them for anything abroad calls you'd struggle to get 12 hours

The one is bought off Tuff phones UK has a great battery. It does last but takes longer to charge. I have it set up like the Samsung with the Apps etc and it doesn't use half the battery life compared to the Samsungs. It wasn't cheap I'll admit but so far so good.

One of the lads here had the same phone as you Samsung builders phone . Has changed now to one of these https://goo.gl/images/MmkhKe
Gets on fine with it serious battery life think he paid €150 for it on amazon .
Have an iPhone here in a otter box case . And it's near indestructible for the abuse I put it through but money is steep for the phone
Went for this one in the end http://www.blackview.hk/blackview-190/ €129 so it's not exactly breaking the bank, it'll do me fine if the reviews are anything to go by.

The bloody thing has frozen this evening, no response from the touch screen, anybody know any trick to get it active....I'll be sticking the sim back in the old Samsung builders otherwise..
Take out the battery and put it back again?

Battery dozen come out .I have one 15 months super fone I'd say u haven been restarting fone often enough u need an android fone daily I'd if u leave alone it come back by it self
I may let it go flat, 24% left on the battery, TBH it hasen't been turned off in2 months.

The bloody thing has frozen this evening, no response from the touch screen, anybody know any trick to get it active....I'll be sticking the sim back in the old Samsung builders otherwise..
There's a pin hole on the side somewhere, stick a pin in to remove SIM card, replace and it might reset.
MF30

Hold a very long press of the power button

Have been using a CAT S30 for the last month or so, have managed to drop it a couple of times, it appears t be sock n scratch proof, had a few battery life issues, now sorted, am also now on a sim only contract

I'm currently on a Samsung S6 here and for the 1st time in years I got a case. Well worth the few bob extra and it's after taking some fair knocks and falls. Not an Otter box but looks exactly the same. Only for it I can safely say the s6 would be long deceased. Tbf the phone itself seems to be fairly well made. I've smashed up 2 screen protectors now and so far the phones screen is fine touch wood. Battery life is the only gripe I'd have with it but generally it'll do a long day if snapchat isn't getting reddened with combines and balers :laugh:

So whats the latest on tough phones?

Have an xcover 4 at the moment which has dust under the screen. Making it hard to use.
Less than impressed considering it's ratings!

What's about?

Iphone 6s with an otterbox defender cover gets my vote . Not water proof but has taken fair abuse and still perfect . Can suffer from dust and dampness making the screen hard to work but easy to sort by cleaning dismantling the cover .

Have an xcover 4 at the moment which has dust under the screen. Making it hard to use.

What's about?

Reactions: AYF
Iphone 6s with an otterbox defender cover gets my vote . Not water proof but has taken fair abuse and still perfect . Can suffer from dust and dampness making the screen hard to work but easy to sort by cleaning dismantling the cover .

Do you find it bulky?
A mate of mine uses an Otterbox but looks bulky. He works in an office and carries his phone everywhere so no problem for him!!

What's about?

The Xcover 4 mustn't be as good as the 3?
I have a 3 for the past 2 1/2 years and although it has had a few hiccups it has worked well enough for me though the earphone socket seems to be banjaxed meaning I can't use the radio function. It has had falls, been splashed with water and been in dusty conditions especially when I was on the readymix concrete truck. The battery still lasts two days even when connected to the bluetooth in the car and truck so all in all I'm happy enough with it. I do have it in a flip cover which probably has saved it a few times.

Reactions: AYF
The Xcover 4 mustn't be as good as the 3?
I have a 3 for the past 2 1/2 years and although it has had a few hiccups it has worked well enough for me though the earphone socket seems to be banjaxed meaning I can't use the radio function. It has had falls, been splashed with water and been in dusty conditions especially when I was on the readymix concrete truck. The battery still lasts two days even when connected to the bluetooth in the car and truck so all in all I'm happy enough with it. I do have it in a flip cover which probably has saved it a few times.
Had a 2 or 3 before this and only ting letting it down was memory space. This one is pants in comparrison!

Back