waterbowls

I know its an old thread, but might be useful to know drinker can be made to your spec for not a lot more - decent quality from Condon Engineering2015-08-25 10.22.41.jpg

If it was me, I would send an email to JFC. Tell them that you erected as per spec and that you believe that it was not fit for purpose. I believe they take quality issues very seriously and if they don't replace it free of charge for you, they will at least knock a good whack off a new one!

mailed them, never heard back :thumbdown:

just want to mention that one of my la buvette bowl cracked where it was bolted to pillar and fell down, it had the protective steel guard around it so wasnt shunted by cattle,but must have been over tightened to pillar possibly. anyway fair play to teemore they replaced the bowl for me even though i didnt buy it off them. i think they are distributors for the brand, anyway fair play to them

Bringing this thread back up again anyone got the o donnell engineering kleen drinker`s in a shed same as tinny`s

I changed the water troughs in one of the sheds will just have to wait and see if it is an improvement. The troughs can be taken out and tipped over to clean them out. Maybe the blocks should have been laid on the flat.

Attachments

• IMG_20161104_093356.jpg
    IMG_20161104_093356.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20161104_093419.jpg
    IMG_20161104_093419.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 61
Put a pair of these into the redone slatted shed, second one needed a bit of pipe protection as it's on a pillar mid pen, a bit from the scrap pile.IMG_20170906_125451.jpg IMG_20170906_125540.jpg JFC tipp- over type.

Good to know, I may check them out.

We have them too. The bull has tested them with scratching. The spring to hold the clip to stop them from tipping went in one of ours and JFC posted me out a new pack of springs for free. We are quite happy with them to be fair.

We have them too. The bull has tested them with scratching. The spring to hold the clip to stop them from tipping went in one of ours and JFC posted me out a new pack of springs for free. We are quite happy with them to be fair.
Nice one, always good to hear positive reports. Are they quick to fill?

What float valve is in them? I've installed some of their DBL4 drinkers and heart is broke with them overflowing regardless of water pressure or float position. The level just seems to creep up and over with them. It has the brass float valve.

What float valve is in them? I've installed some of their DBL4 drinkers and heart is broke with them overflowing regardless of water pressure or float position. The level just seems to creep up and over with them. It has the brass float valve.
This is what's in mine anyway. I have had older DBL4 drinkers with the same problem as you and replaced them with this valve and they are fine now.

Dammit - those are the ones in mine - I've bought the Opella valve as they got a higher pressure rating.
Mine are in the shed a good few years now and came with a full brass ballcock like this. Notice the one in the link above has a rubber end which is meant for higher pressure systems,

CaptureiHYuCJzeI1Bqq.jpg

Back