interesting youtube videos

Someone built a 1:48 scale model of the great giza pyramid rooms. It turns out they work perfectly as a hydraulic water ram.

What weight is she lads?
It's only a christmas tree, sure it's no more than half a ton.
Sound job, this yoke is rated for 8 ton!

why didn't he let down the arm when it started to tip? even a dumb redneck like me knows that.

why didn't he let down the arm when it started to tip? even a dumb redneck like me knows that.
Straight through the cab of the lorry it went too. Nightmare. I suppose when you see these things happen with the benefit of hindsight you always say why didn't ya just do this or that, not so simple when it's you in the cab. Also I doubt the hydraulic controls on a crane like that let you just slap down the main boom in a hurry??

Last edited:
Straight through the can of the lorry it went too. Nightmare. I suppose when you see these things happen with the benefit of hindsight we you always say why didn't ya just do this or that, not so simple when it's you in the cab. Also I doubt the hydraulic controls on a crane like that let you just slap down the main boom in a hurry??
Yes, but it seemed to me he felt it going and tried to swing it onto the lorry before it went instead of trying to lower it.

Yes, but it seemed to me he felt it going and tried to swing it onto the lorry before it went instead of trying to lower it.
Yeah maybe so. She seemed to be gone sideways as well as overloaded so she was going to heel to the side even before it tipped up. Badly overloaded anyway. Hope Driver was ok. A lad could get a serious bang to the head when a cab goes over like that.

I would have thought there'd be overload devices on those cranes so that wouldn't happen. I was driving a lorry with a Hiab typr crane and it would lockout if it was overloaded.

I would have thought there'd be overload devices on those cranes so that wouldn't happen. I was driving a lorry with a Hiab typr crane and it would lockout if it was overloaded.
It appears as if the ground under the outriggers initially gave way a small bit, something like that happening would be unlikely to trigger an overload warning.

Back