John Deere

Does that big Deere belong to a man near Castletown , K P ?

He had a couple of those big American Deere’s. . All That shade of green there.

No thats a Tullamore outfit there. Id forgotton about the castletown man running the american deeres. Were you there on a farm walk in your time?

No thats a Tullamore outfit there. Id forgotton about the castletown man running the american deeres. Were you there on a farm walk in your time?

Yes Peter. As part of a Health and Safety course , about 8 or 9 years ago.
Some lovely original tractors.

Yes Peter. As part of a Health and Safety course , about 8 or 9 years ago.
Some lovely original tractors.

I was there too doing the health and safety course. A very tidy farmyard. The poor women that did our group got some slagging from some of the lads. When we were doing the manual handling bit lifting the box one farmer refused to do it telling her "I've two loaders and a son at home why the fuck should I lift a fecking box"

Thwy must be very rare with the electric lift that's only the second one I've ever seen

I thought that was only available around the same time as the steps were changed over and that doesn't seem to be the case there.

The exhaust ruins it though IMHO.

I thought that was only available around the same time as the steps were changed over and that doesn't seem to be the case there.

The exhaust ruins it though IMHO.
I think rare models like that should be left in there own cloths really keep them original as possible lift arm buttons look out of place

I drove one with electric lift way back; mainly ploughing. It still had the regular jd kill yourself steps.

Back