Which Loader Option

lough

I am toying with the idea of buying a loader, budget of about 5000euro. Main job would be feeding round bales, the rest of the time would be lifting bulk bags of meal, fertilizer and moving pallets and digger buckets.

Which would be the best option
A fresh loader on a NH TL90A with a mechanical shuttle
A Massey loader, one without a back actor and preferably with a three point linkage, maybe a 50EX
A Massey loader on a 168
Any other suggestions

I am toying with the idea of buying a loader, budget of about 5000euro. Main job would be feeding round bales, the rest of the time would be lifting bulk bags of meal, fertilizer and moving pallets and digger buckets.

Which would be the best option
A fresh loader on a NH TL90A with a mechanical shuttle
A Massey loader, one without a back actor and preferably with a three point linkage, maybe a 50EX
A Massey loader on a 168
Any other suggestions
I would rule out the last option anyway, not up to the jobs you speak of

I don't think the 30e came with 3 point linkage option either :undecided:

Really all they are is a glorified 135/240.

What other models are there, was there one based on a 290, the three point linkage wouldn't be a deal breaker but if it could be got it would be a bonus

Something like this may suit either but to be honest its Not much of a step up from your 168.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-50-loader/20103180

NDg3MjY3M2NjMTI5MDRiYjFjZjZiNmJhNmQzNTE5ZDTltJ_MRNS6TigVOyXqlguqaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTExMTQ3Njd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Put a loader on the Tl.
3pl behind any kind of industrial loader will just be a copout.
The Tl will have a bit of comfort and be up to pulling trailers and the likes

Look up gribbentractors.co.uk they always have a good selection of second hand loaders probably have something to suit. Should get a fresh loader for your budget. Another option is a new sonarol loader you see them advertised on donedeal look a good strong loader and you would probably get a new one fitted on your tractor for 5k. I'm just after fitting a front loader on my own tractor in the last few weeks. It's not a particularly difficult thing to do took about 8 hours with someone helping but I had a forklift to lift up the brackets and put on the boom I don't know how you'd do it without one.

I would put a loader on the tl, have a 7740 and loader here, and a 265mf with a loader, we handle 600 bales a year and the 7740 is a cake walk, had to put heavier front stubs in the 265 and its not up to lifting that many. also one tractor can loader and draw with the 7740, or your tl.

another machine would be more to go wrong

Reactions: AYF
We had a Kramer 512; great little thing, and could lift 2 ton. A 312 rear steer might be in your budget.

Years ago we had a 30e? Basically a 135 with torque and industrial loader. Found it some weapon compared to our case int 885.

But I’d strongly recommend a 3cx even if it meant more money. You’d have comfort, way better view; and you’d be able to dig.

The little jcbs 406 are ok. Not sure on lift or view.

Having a second machine will allow you to do other tasks; but your only drawback will be moving both machines to load stuff away from yard.

Something like this may suit either but to be honest its Not much of a step up from your 168.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-50-loader/20103180

NDg3MjY3M2NjMTI5MDRiYjFjZjZiNmJhNmQzNTE5ZDTltJ_MRNS6TigVOyXqlguqaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTExMTQ3Njd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Personally i think each person knows their own needs best. The loader on the TL should be a nippy outfit , and handy for moving bales from outfarms etc.

On @nashmach point of the above not being much of step up from a loader on a 168.
I drove a MF 40 loadered 168 a lot. Helpless.
Wouldn't lift a full grab of dung.
I have an MF 50 digger loader. I have often lifted a 2 ton pallet of fertiliser with it. Not saying I would travel 20 feet with it.
No comparison between them.
And a 30E is one perky little weapon. Poor ground clearance though.

If your only feeding out bales I'd be looking at mounting a loader on a power shuttle dumper,they are bomb proof and personally I'm not a fan of fore end loaders.

If your only feeding out bales I'd be looking at mounting a loader on a power shuttle dumper,they are bomb proof and personally I'm not a fan of fore end loaders.
Seeing one of them as a project on here is what got me on the forum! Wondered how long it would be till it was mentioned again!

Seeing one of them as a project on here is what got me on the forum! Wondered how long it would be till it was mentioned again!

I'm on the lookout for a 4t swivel tip hydrostatic as a base unit,mainly because they are narrower than standard dumpers.

10 years ago I took the skip off a hd1000 dumper and fitted loader arms,we used it for near 3 years and 2700hrs for scraping out and bedding down,it was more reliable than both the brand new JCB 403s that followed it.

Reactions: AYF
Many before have said that if forward reach isn't a huge problem then look for a rough terrain forklift.

Should get a 4wd one with little hours and good all round vision and manouvrability for 5k

I'm on the lookout for a 4t swivel tip hydrostatic as a base unit,mainly because they are narrower than standard dumpers.

10 years ago I took the skip off a hd1000 dumper and fitted loader arms,we used it for near 3 years and 2700hrs for scraping out and bedding down,it was more reliable than both the brand new JCB 403s that followed it.

Would you not have to give €4000 maybe more for a decent 6 ton dumper ? Or would a 3 ton dumper be good enough to base one on ? There is a huge difference in power. I have driven 3 ton , 6 ton and the daddy of them all , a 9 ton. I wouldn't like to have to pay for a 9 ton , to chop up for a project like that.

Have any of you pictures of these dumper/loaders ?

you could pick up a quicke q 30 second hand and fitted should not cost much with 5k or else rossmore would be my second choice .Be sure to get self levelling for lifting bales .For taking on/off the quicke loaders with the quick attach for the brackets are a good job you can see it here in the picture under the hoses
https://www.donedeal.ie/otherfarmmachinery-for-sale/quicke-q56-front-loader/19673099

Small point but a Q30 is not a self levelling loader. Of that age anything qx0 is not self levelling while qx5 has self levelling.

A lot of 2 cx jcb loaders around here .serious machine

Speaking of the devil...
https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/jcb-2cx/20116500

ODc0ZGU5N2U1NGEwZDRlMGVhNDJiYTAxYjAwMDkzMTDrhFF7EwX8xzUNZMaX991saHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTEyMTkyNTZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Back