Football

you knew by the way they all sang the national anthem that they were up for it, it means a bit more than just a match to those lads, great result and won,t fear portugal either:clap:

you knew by the way they all sang the national anthem that they were up for it, it means a bit more than just a match to those lads, great result and won,t fear portugal either:clap:

They shouldn't fear Portugal, they are very suspect at the back

Fantastic goals by Wales last night

will ronaldo put the finishing touch to his great career on sunday, he,s an egotist but i have to admit he,s a great player and winning a trophy with his country would push him ahead of messi i think anyway

will ronaldo put the finishing touch to his great career on sunday, he,s an egotist but i have to admit he,s a great player and winning a trophy with his country would push him ahead of messi i think anyway

hope portugal win , small countries rarely win the big trophies

What year would this Ball have been from. It was in a Hedge . Italia 90 ??
732DF3EC-B002-49A8-94A3-97B31F942095.jpeg
1D369A76-F6E5-4061-8B13-C7BA5C5486FE.jpeg
F919D082-561E-4242-AD55-E8876FFA0892.jpeg

Mid 70ts.:confused3:
yeah i,d say 70s as well, a company called mayco in mayo made most of them and i remember every winter we played in a field here at home with one of those and about 30 lads from 13 up to 30 yrs of age would put out 2 or 3 hrs every sunday playing soccer, if the ball got burst every fella would have to put money into the kitty to go buy a new one :sad: as no one could afford to buy one by themselves, we,ve come a long way in this country when you think back on it :clap:

It’s 80,s or 90,s because there was only Jack daws here in the 70,s . I have an idea you got a free ball if you bought so much petrol . No matter that ball has to be near 30 years old and in my opinion I am lucky there is less stress now than there was then .
I remember going out to Moss Sheehans to buyMaxol petrol so I could get a Digital watch . @jc1160

It’s 80,s or 90,s because there was only Jack daws here in the 70,s . I have an idea you got a free ball if you bought so much petrol . No matter that ball has to be near 30 years old and in my opinion I am lucky there is less stress now than there was then .
I remember going out to Moss Sheehans to buyMaxol petrol so I could get a Digital watch . @jc1160
there,s a magnificent old petrol pump on the right hand side as you head to carlow from wexford above ballon i think with a farmyard just behind it, it,s surely one of the first pumps in the country

Moss is a gentleman and had a nice little business there. I remember going to him with a empty spray can to get petrol for the lawnmower on my bike when I was around 10. Don’t think it would be allowed now though! I think that football is from the 80s as have a vague memory of playing with similar in Tinryland.

A defeat to Luxembourg I imagine Stephen Kenny’s days are numbered.
has to be a very low point in Irish soccer.

The players aren't there. We don't have a lot to pick from tbh. I wouldn't envy his job. Thry need to work from the young kids up. Youngest lad here is kn the regional team. There is young talent there if they invest in them

Back