What I did this Week to make Farming safer .

I think another thing that should be put on them boxes or wherever appropriate is the eircode number!!!

@bk1991 What would you recommend given what you see In the day job?

I like eircode idea but what about remote yards where there may be none as there are no dwelling house attached for example.

Hsa lad returned yesterday unannounced to see if I had completed all the things he listed on his visit in January. Form filling exercise.

Rather than roll around wheels and hoisting them around onto hubs using crowbars I made up a wheel hook that can safely lift off wheels using the overhead gantry or a loader.
An hour with some scrap and the welder produced this.
20190510_113939.jpg 20190510_114250.jpg 20190510_124058.jpg 20190510_124339.jpg

And only one piece out of a MF30 used :Whistle2:

I'd be afraid using a loader with that, knowing my luck I'd put it through the window :rolleyes2:

And only one piece out of a MF30 used :Whistle2:

I'd be afraid using a loader with that, knowing my luck I'd put it through the window :rolleyes2:
Three pieces Nash, box iron, V clamp bolt on top and solid square shaft on end of round bar...:lol:

@bk1991 What would you recommend given what you see In the day job?

I like eircode idea but what about remote yards where there may be none as there are no dwelling house attached for example.

Only seeing this now
Yea eircode number is a good idea the HSE is getting better at useing them. Local Landmarks is good too. Simple things like haveing tractor beside road with beacons on to show when there needed etx is good .

Another usefull thing to have would be eye wash. Sterile saline bottle or if you want to go all out theres little stationsyou can get , for those unintended splashes of chemicals etc.

Definitaly have burn gel or burn gel dressing in the box it works for sunburn aswell as burns from fire sparks etc .

Useful phone number to have stored in phone and maby on wall or fridge in house is the national poisons imformation centre ( ‭(01) 809 2166‬) they are as far as I’m aware 24/7 and will have all Information on what to do in the event of injesting or getting burnt by any chemical once you have the name of it they can tell you what emergency treatment you can do .

Big thing no one thinks of doing with theese first aid kits is check the dates on stuff and not restock when used and worst of all not familiarise themselves with whata in them and how to do the simple basics .

Doing some tidying in a yard today, a scraping in point that had a pile of rubble basically fencing it off.

An old bent heavy gate made by a neighbour.

two cutting discs, two Henderson track brackets that were spare and two rawlbolts later and we have a fold up barrier

Attachments

• 20190728_151143-01.jpeg
    20190728_151143-01.jpeg
    640.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 20190728_151159-01.jpeg
    20190728_151159-01.jpeg
    630.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 20190728_125657-01.jpeg
    20190728_125657-01.jpeg
    666.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 20190728_125707-01.jpeg
    20190728_125707-01.jpeg
    462.7 KB · Views: 108
Beans are heavy and I should have put a few scoops in the rear of the trailer first. It went up very slowly and with the Hiab it went down very slowly . Anybody says anything mean and I will get Barrack O Bama,s cousin to call in a drone strike on them.
BAF91622-AD94-4F84-B713-9C78435B3CE2.jpeg BE0B46A5-BEEC-4374-B2DC-220F785519ED.jpeg 72435229-8770-443B-84D1-F10B765818CA.jpeg

Beans are awfully heavy.

Two attics left our yard once upon a time, the haulier hadn’t drawn beans before. I warned him they were heavy.

One of the trucks stalled when leaving the yard.

One truck grossed 60.5tn and the other was 59.5tn......

I did not think the landing gear would stick that!
I was kinda surprised myself that the bolts did not shear or the legs bend . He said he got a call into an industrial unit where lads were unloading a container and there was six tonnes of welding rods at the front and the same thing happened.
The fire brigade could lift it with air bags .

I was kinda surprised myself that the bolts did not shear or the legs bend . He said he got a call into an industrial unit where lads were unloading a container and there was six tonnes of welding rods at the front and the same thing happened.
I've heard of it happening when trailers are dropped on loading bays and the forklift goes in for the last few pallets.

Beans are awfully heavy.

Two attics left our yard once upon a time, the haulier hadn’t drawn beans before. I warned him they were heavy.

One of the trucks stalled when leaving the yard.

One truck grossed 60.5tn and the other was 59.5tn......

A few spots i hauled grain to in d states wont let a truck unload if its over a certain weight they make them turn around on d spot most had d limit of 100,000 pounds and if u were 98 or 99 theyd give a lecture

When we were drawing beet in 40ft's at the end of the campaign you would have occasional split loads and might have to drop the trailer with 10 ton in the front but it would stand, got caught out one evening with a trailer the landing gear was further back, felt a bit sticky pulling out from under it in the dark and heard a gentle thud as it nosedived, a few ton in the back and it levelled out.:sweat:

This is the back of my milking parlour where the cows come in, it's an open yard outside, but I have to go up the steps and pull back the door manually and then the cows come flying in and then when they r in a put a chain on behind then but the point I am making is it's very dangerous doing this can any 1 reccomend something I could do with this so I dont have to be going out and standing in front of the cows when they are comming in ?

Attachments

• 20191211_161002.jpg
    20191211_161002.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 83
Back