What are you up to in the workshop?

@Big Vern wireless controller on the straw blower is looking like a good idea to me today!!

Screenshot_20191208-160750_Gallery.jpg

Some btight spark at kuhn decided to use a cable without colour coding! All black, except two earths, about 20 of them. Luckilly only two broke through and two badly damaged so could figure it out.
Just added extrenders in to stagger the jointing blocks.
And made a future damage prevention device!
Screenshot_20191208-161234_Gallery.jpg

Some btight spark at kuhn decided to use a cable without colour coding! All black, except two earths, about 20 of them. Luckilly only two broke through and two badly damaged so could figure it out.

Check the insulation and you probably find a number on each cable.............................................................................

Check the insulation and you probably find a number on each cable.............................................................................
Didn't think of that.
And the amount of silage tape and insulation tape on that joint..... I ain't gonna go find out!! :lol::lol:

@Big Vern wireless controller on the straw blower is looking like a good idea to me today!!

View attachment 72402

View attachment 72403

Is that something you'd blame your father for :Whistle2:

Is that something you'd blame your father for :Whistle2:
For once I'll put my hands up! Though to be fair it was just a freak accident!!
Cable had managed to hook on an arm and got stretched!
Couldn't figure why the spout would only turn one way..... then I noticed!!

Top link balls just as handy?
Top link balls are smaller tho aren’t they? I’m guessing your sauing top link balls because they have the lip to stop them coming out? Standard cheapo tennis balls from the €2 shop will squeeze into cat 11 and work perfect in cat 111 arms, plus there light and easy to fire into the toolbox or cab

Few bits that were due a bit of time in the shed!
heel fell out of the gate, gate is a proper old school gate that the 2 of us know about lifting, the upright was solid but like all gates the heel was only about half an inch in, so stuck in a foot length and drilled a hole at the top of it and plugged it with weld, then put a bit of an offcut of box on it to reinforce the rot:lol:3415DDE6-5F71-436E-9078-7BB7041EB704.jpeg F6E5539B-7810-4A2A-BEC5-D1DDC886D8BA.jpeg 7E67E76E-2CF9-4389-AF9D-4CDED48DC291.jpeg

The door seal rubber on the Keenan was gone in bits and was pouring out meal as a result, luckily had an old bit that’s just right so it’ll do for a while58737BE2-974B-48B9-A305-C348BD081C6D.jpeg B731472C-ECFA-47B9-A449-9DF683CC0FBB.jpeg BC6ADEA3-6C61-4984-99F4-CBEFF32C577F.jpeg
I don’t know if it was done in the factory or someone else had it off before but this strip was the other way up and the folded piece used to sit above the rubber and caught any silage that fell out of the grab:scratchhead:C8AC1DB2-3023-4912-B370-C03649B53881.jpeg
And it might not be up to a certain fendt owners standard:tt2::tt2: but had to make a lid for the tool box, an old barbecue side shelf makes a grand lid:Thumbp2: 77832F57-1736-412C-A4EE-11C5CFD1D65D.jpeg

Another morning in the workshop today, this time doing a bit for the place I work for,
Jd tine grab that had no bushings in it and has probably suffered plenty of hardship over the years and the tines were probably never tightened after the first day, think there was only one original left in it but the ones that had been replaced were left too long before doing it. Some of the holes had gone that worn the tines were pushing back nearly 6” much more wear they’d have fallen out backwards. Just needs a new set of tines now and it’s all good for a long time hopefullyE59C4552-F38F-4443-B6BD-F2912E238110.jpeg22E96329-AB76-41F1-80AD-573C698FFF42.jpegE42AB1EB-6C97-42A2-9043-CD1E6E3B29A8.jpegBEBB8030-3BA8-4FA0-AEDD-5AF64B5D9016.jpeg885E9941-307E-405A-8FFB-53C20092DAA1.jpeg7B2E892C-5138-468B-9072-977CD32D41C2.jpeg1CAD12DC-15BD-47AD-BEA8-BD8C3A4996C1.jpeg6517BC15-4FAC-48D5-B281-CAA7DA84AB1D.jpeg

View attachment 72402

View attachment 72403

Our brand new one went bang on Monday !!!!! The cog on the spout motor stripped nine teeth,, Hawkins have been and sorted it under warranty,,,
Of corse the boss said its my fault ,,,,

Our brand new one went bang on Monday !!!!! The cog on the spout motor stripped nine teeth,, Hawkins have been and sorted it under warranty,,,
Of corse the boss said its my fault ,,,,
Fflipin ec. What did you do to it!?!
Someone over tightened something I'd say?!

What's the review apart from that?
Worlds apart from the old one?

This morning I shall be removing one of my mother in laws cats from my engine bay, then hopefully sourcing a new belt and threading it around 8 pulleys/idlers
A local contractor had similar troubles a few years ago here,we were at maize,and he got a small break up with the harvester I cannot actually remember what broke but he went home to fix it,anyway were at it and getting on well and coming near nighttime the plan was to get back to the maize that night,started up the harvester and bang!!
Fired up the cat through the fan cowl and the expansion tank and broke a fin off the fan aswell.....

I should add without having a go at anyone just showing a point.
That cost me 123 euro, an evening and a morning of my time.
Yes it was a pain in the hole to have to do it obviously the tractor was driven with the handbrake on.
It was just holding on the last notch if someone was spreading slurry with that tractor and they were standing outside when the tank fills there's a possibility the tractor could take off.
For 123 euro and a bit of my time its not worth putting my machinery someone's property and someone's life at risk.

A local contractor had similar troubles a few years ago here,we were at maize,and he got a small break up with the harvester I cannot actually remember what broke but he went home to fix it,anyway were at it and getting on well and coming near nighttime the plan was to get back to the maize that night,started up the harvester and bang!!
Fired up the cat through the fan cowl and the expansion tank and broke a fin off the fan aswell.....
Left the now wife's house after a night out in my old E30 BMW, steering went heavy as I went to turn out the gate but no warning lights of any sort so kept going to home, lifted the bonnet next day to find cat bits everywhere and the belt off the power steering.

Back