Busy Tillage

Perhaps if I sit on bridge in enniscorthy with my cap out he might toss me a few pennies as he journeys south east through the huddled masses to Costa Del Rosslare

You’ll have to hold it high to be within reach of a chopper.....

Perhaps if I sit on bridge in enniscorthy with my cap out he might toss me a few pennies as he journeys south east through the huddled masses to Costa Del Rosslare

You'd really think he goes through Enniscorthy now with the bypass open :cowboy:

You might be better waiting on :santa2: :scared:

You'd really think he goes through Enniscorthy now with the bypass open :cowboy:

You might be better waiting on :santa2: :scared:

I was hoping hed stop for a skinny latte in bridge cafe

The €350 million to avoid the unpleasantness of Enniscorthy was worth it but I would gladly chuck a €50 note to the digger driver if he leveled Oylgate .

The €350 million to avoid the unpleasantness of Enniscorthy was worth it but I would gladly chuck a €50 note to the digger driver if he leveled Oylgate .
Oylegate is Wexford's Ballon, a speedbump on the way to a rough town.

Good to hear Matt Dempsey from Tillage Industry Ireland on the radio this morning.

The pressure against double standards is building both within Ireland & the EU.

Another report is imminent from a Tillage body. Good timing considering the new minister & government.

I was in a meeting with a very large international end user this week, the importance of the carbon footprint of farming is front of stage within the company. Irish Tillage farmings relatively low footprint is not to be dismissed.

I was in a meeting with a very large international end user this week, the importance of the carbon footprint of farming is front of stage within the company. Irish Tillage farmings relatively low footprint is not to be dismissed.

They are talking out both sides of their mouth so, as trying to eek an extra few quid above world market out of any of these users, is close to impossible and they will quickly compare it to world prices they can buy their raw material at, which is like comparing apples and oranges from a carbon viewpoint.

Image is everything.

They are talking out both sides of their mouth so, as trying to eek an extra few quid above world market out of any of these users, is close to impossible and they will quickly compare it to world prices they can buy their raw material at, which is like comparing apples and oranges from a carbon viewpoint.

Image is everything.

Giving away margin unnecessarily is bad for business and yes, Image is very important.

However, I don't think one can generalise here. Yes, some buyers are only concerned about buying cheap and competing at the bottom of the market.

Other buyers are willing to pay that bit more so that they can extract more from their market using the image which they work to build (because the traceability/environmental effort etc required for the image doesn't come for free).

I am not going down the road of naming companies here but I know companies buying grain in Ireland in both of the above categories.

Back