TS100a

Peterbilt

Hello Folks, I have a 2005 TS100a that is leaking diesel into the oil. The tractor starts perfect and is not smoky, no apparent diesel knock. I am just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue and is it possible to be a failed fuel lift pump? Thanks in advance.

Hello Folks, I have a 2005 TS100a that is leaking diesel into the oil. The tractor starts perfect and is not smoky, no apparent diesel knock. I am just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue and is it possible to be a failed fuel lift pump? Thanks in advance.
never had that problem but i,d be thinking the diesel lift pump would be my first port of call

Has a TSA got a mechanical lift pump, I'd have thought they would have an electric one which would rule a leak from the lift pump out, injector pump more likely if that's the case, must dig out the TSA manual in the morning.

Thank you, yes it's a mechanical lift pump. I've changed it this evening and will drop the oil too. I think you may be right about the injector pump. Thanks again

Thanks for all the replies, replaced the seal in the front of the injector pump and tractor back running, all ok. The next job is to calibrate the transmission, very jumpy at the moment. All information gratefully accepted.

I've a dual command on a ts115 and you need a diagnostic switch to get it into calibration but I know some of them can be done by pressing the hi lo buttons on the gear lever

I've a dual command on a ts115 and you need a diagnostic switch to get it into calibration but I know some of them can be done by pressing the hi lo buttons on the gear lever
I thought you could do a TS115 that way too, at least in mine you could.

Here's the instructions. For TS 115.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200123-211010_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20200123-211010_Word.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20200123-211016_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20200123-211016_Word.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 21
Back