Deutz Tractors

Not all that it seems to be I think :scratchhead:

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/deutz-agrotron-150/24302823

NjkxMzczM2Y5MjVhYjE0ZmUwMTFkYzUwMzg0MTFiZDhUJ1QVEGqwzIdOfJ6g8BY7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDI2OTczODZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg
Air cooled engine, a DX6.50 with agrotron clothes

Just noticed a row of pressure gauges at the far side of the engine, visible from the cab. Very strange one!!!!!

It's a funny one, looks like an agrotron backend though, or am I wrong?

That's what threw me last night before I posted it!

At least Triaxle confirmed it!!

I'd know the man with this machine. Same owner as the trike deutz above it.
She is definitely a deutz agrotron 150 with an air cooled shoe horned into it when it's own engine finally gave up the ghost with serious hours on it. Only really any use to break really

She is definitely a deutz agrotron 150 with an air cooled shoe horned into it when it's own engine finally gave up the ghost with serious hours on it. Only really any use to break really
What would you consider serious hours?
Do the wheels not look oversized aswell?

What is he using them for?

he’s a hard man on machines.

Any tips on what to check on a 4.56 and 4.71? Hoping to look at two very soon but I'm not too familiar with them, coming over from the massey side....

Any tips on what to check on a 4.56 and 4.71? Hoping to look at two very soon but I'm not too familiar with them, coming over from the massey side....
Air cooled engines, remove the cooling duct and inspect the cylinder finning for residue, any oil weeps from rocker covers can cause a build up of material (dust, dead flies etc) and cause overheating, I'd prefer to see a small bit of residue rather than a spotless one which might suggest it had reason to be powerwashed. Drive through all the gears as they would not be the cheapest transmission if it had a problem, other than that usual stuff, steering, clutch, brakes, handbrake, hydraulics, PTO and all electric functions.

Thanks for the input, yes it was that deutz in Kerry and a wasted 300mile return trip. A poor, badly tidied up worn out example is all I can say. Spent 10 mins looking and walked away.

Thanks for the input, yes it was that deutz in Kerry and a wasted 300mile return trip. A poor, badly tidied up worn out example is all I can say. Spent 10 mins looking and walked away.

That nonsense really bugs me, I'd be raging if I was in your shoes.

And It's stories like that which would make me very reluctant to go long distances to look at any machine unless I had some knowledge of the vendor or the machine itself.

Seen lads ask about machinery for sale here in the past and 40% of the time someone on here knows the machine or can find about about it which could save a wasted journey like that. Know the feeling, went the other side of Cork myself one time to look at a tractor advertised as perfect but when i saw it i was on the return trip to Wexford 5 minutes later.

Yea it's painful, I woukd always advise of any little issues or jobs needing doing before dragging someone out to look. It's to be expected when looking at seconhand machines tho, some lads opinions differ greatly to others on condition, but he took the biscuit yesterday. Anyhow, the search continues for a tractor.

Yea it's painful, I woukd always advise of any little issues or jobs needing doing before dragging someone out to look. It's to be expected when looking at seconhand machines tho, some lads opinions differ greatly to others on condition, but he took the biscuit yesterday. Anyhow, the search continues for a tractor.

Can understand your frustration. Tractors of that power, age and price in good condition are a rare commodity at the moment it seems.

Yea, that basic belts and braces tractor in good nick is in demand it seems... would prefer to find a tractor and loader combo as it can get expensive/awkward trying to fit a loader after when on a budget... seen a Zetor 9641 with trima loader available privately... looks a decent package... but only familiar with the basic 7211 model... Any experience or thoughts on a zetor here?

Yea, that basic belts and braces tractor in good nick is in demand it seems... would prefer to find a tractor and loader combo as it can get expensive/awkward trying to fit a loader after when on a budget... seen a Zetor 9641 with trima loader available privately... looks a decent package... but only familiar with the basic 7211 model... Any experience or thoughts on a zetor here?

I have a Zetor 10641 with loader here for past 4 years . Very happy with it .
Like comparing a 1977 Fiesta with a 2010 Fiesta , comparing it to a 7211.
Electric pto engagement , electric lift controls , Carroro front axle . Nippy manouverable tractor.

Back