The auction thread.

Maybe the new ones aren’t as good but these machines are built to a different standard to a JCB loadall or a tractor. If well serviced it should be good to a long way towards 60k hours before an engine/transmission rebuild.
If going 24/7, not in an Irish context doing 1500hrs a year. Would 25k hrs not be closer to actual lifespan in Irish conditions

If going 24/7, not in an Irish context doing 1500hrs a year. Would 25k hrs not be closer to actual lifespan in Irish conditions
This is it, not many can give one of these machines the full level of use to justify it

Anyone buying that would get vat back I’d imagine. 6k hrs on one of them is probably only 10% of its life if looked after. What would a new one cost? I don’t know but could be 170k?
Are the hammer prices not subject to vat so instead of getting 23% back it's still to be added on

Would that contractor have been doing much work? Would all his stuff have been bought new?
I do know the butterfly mowers with the autoswarthers was in cheffins a few years back. I spose a good chunk of the stuff could've been brand new

no :no: any digger i see always has a lake of hydraulic oil under it and that would do my head in

You bought the grey Fergie so :Whistle2:, to be fair It's not often a 50b as clean as that one comes up in ex Farm condition even though it was probably a torque machine.

On the Cork auction, wasn't the four cylinder JD good value? Was either a 6330 or 6320 for I think 25k plus vat.

You bought the grey Fergie so :Whistle2:, to be fair It's not often a 50b as clean as that one comes up in ex Farm condition even though it was probably a torque machine.

On the Cork auction, wasn't the four cylinder JD good value? Was either a 6330 or 6320 for I think 25k plus vat.
i think it was a clutch model , i,m worried about you and these 4 cylinder deeres :cry: did the BNM auction go ahead i was told it was cancelled

Maybe the new ones aren’t as good but these machines are built to a different standard to a JCB loadall or a tractor. If well serviced it should be good to a long way towards 60k hours before an engine/transmission rebuild.

The F’s are the most sought after,you can disable the emission bollocks on the G’s but more again on the H series.

This is the 2nd low houred 70F that Cathal has had in the last 6 months,he must know the value or he wouldn’t asked the same each time.

https://www.mascus.co.uk/construction/used-wheel-loaders/volvo-l-70-f/rqqfuqvp.html

There isn’t a machine built as well and they deserve the reputation they have.

The F’s are the most sought after,you can disable the emission bollocks on the G’s but more again on the H series.

This is the 2nd low houred 70F that Cathal has had in the last 6 months,he must know the value or he wouldn’t asked the same each time.

https://www.mascus.co.uk/construction/used-wheel-loaders/volvo-l-70-f/rqqfuqvp.html

There isn’t a machine built as well and they deserve the reputation they have.
Starting to think about a loading shovel for the farm, tractor is just getting a hammering. What were/are the Volvo L45 like or is an L50 just a totally different horse altogether. Probably looking for something under 10yrs old

Starting to think about a loading shovel for the farm, tractor is just getting a hammering. What were/are the Volvo L45 like or is an L50 just a totally different horse altogether. Probably looking for something under 10yrs old
I think the L45 was a Volvo by name only. Goldcrop had one but got rid of it. Not sure what the L50 are like.

You can get the kit to bypass the emissions Bollocks in Canada or some other country. Guys were making them up themselves but were only guessing the back pressures.
Only heard it from another member of the Volvo fan club.

If you buy an L45, we will seriously take the piss and tell you what you should have done.
You saw what happened to me when I simply rounded a wheel stud, the L45 saga could last months.

Even a 1982 Michigan 4400 with a sheet of galvanize on the roof (I know of one) would have better street cred.
Its okay, my bank balance wont allow me rush into any rash decision.

A keltec type trailer will give you a better return than a lot of things for that money
Are you using one yourself? Do you transport wrapped or unwrapped?

I do think a melted and wrapping st the yard is probably the best system, if you have the staff

Back