New Dump trailer opinions

Endah

Hello all,

Following on from the last thread i looked for advice on a flat bed trailer and im back again :rolleyes2:

I am looking for opinions on different trailer manufactures, i know my timing isn't great with everything that is going on but life will go on afterwards.

So my brief is: a dump trailer / multi purpose trailer , circa 16 ton , 500 ish size tyres , commercial axles ,oil brakes ,low bin as i only have a 6 ton machine. i have a low loader so don't need it to take a machine.

I really only properly started looking yesterday, i looked at a few JPM trailers and i liked the look of the below 16 ton, a good looking trailer with a nice design up and over tailboard and no higher than our current single axle tipper.
ZGU4MTNjM2NiZWI1ZmI0ZmFjNDg2ZDQ1YTg2MWJmZTj1tIz1AsVL5uth5E7bl--faHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDQyNzA1NTB8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

I know the daddy would probably be a Broughan but i dont think the budget would go that far and from looking at their 16ton trailer it is a high trailer to be loading into.

So my questions are , does anyone have the above JPM type trailer and are they happy with it and i suppose are there other options out there for me.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello all,

Following on from the last thread i looked for advice on a flat bed trailer and im back again :rolleyes2:

I am looking for opinions on different trailer manufactures, i know my timing isn't great with everything that is going on but life will go on afterwards.

So my brief is: a dump trailer / multi purpose trailer , circa 16 ton , 500 ish size tyres , commercial axles ,oil brakes ,low bin as i only have a 6 ton machine. i have a low loader so don't need it to take a machine.

I really only properly started looking yesterday, i looked at a few JPM trailers and i liked the look of the below 16 ton, a good looking trailer with a nice design up and over tailboard and no higher than our current single axle tipper.
ZGU4MTNjM2NiZWI1ZmI0ZmFjNDg2ZDQ1YTg2MWJmZTj1tIz1AsVL5uth5E7bl--faHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDQyNzA1NTB8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

I know the daddy would probably be a Broughan but i dont think the budget would go that far and from looking at their 16ton trailer it is a high trailer to be loading into.

So my questions are , does anyone have the above JPM type trailer and are they happy with it and i suppose are there other options out there for me.

Thanks in advance.

Not quite what you are looking at , but it impresses me any time I see this trailer . It's a JPM , a neighbour of @diesel power owns it . The son , who is a builder bought it , but the father is using it here to take his waste plastic, in 2018 . Not a great picture.
20180802_155558.jpg

Hello all,

Thanks in advance.
NC have a few different builds with plenty of tyre options..https://www.nc-engineering.com/nccm...Dump-Trailer-Brochure-Rev-2-November-2018.pdf

Not quite what you are looking at , but it impresses me any time I see this trailer . It's a JPM , a neighbour of @diesel power owns it . The son , who is a builder bought it , but the father is using it here to take his waste plastic, in 2018 . Not a great picture.

Good stuff , yea nice trailer but the drop sides and lack of hyd back door put me off going down that avenue.

They have alright , their 600 series looks to fit my needs but i wonder how durable a 5mm hardox floor would be vs a say 8mm steel floor ?

How much cheaper is the JPM? I'd find it hard to look past a Smyth or Broughan if it was me.

I'm open to correction but the last price i seen left a Broughan about 6-7 k + vat more , its alot for a trailer that wont be on hire.

What’s you’re real reasoning for a low bin? What brand/model digger have you?Have a ex60 hitachi here and have loaded high dump trailers no bother before:scratchhead:

If i was buying a new dump trailer i would go for the fold down back door rather than the up and over. I have a up and over and can be a pain if you want to load trailer with tree branches or stumps or lumps of concrete getting caught in the back door and bending or breaking it.

What’s you’re real reasoning for a low bin? What brand/model digger have you?Have a ex60 hitachi here and have loaded high dump trailers no bother before:scratchhead:

I have a 60 myself too, A lower bin in the long is just easier to load, loading big rocks / tree stumps into a high bin can be a dangerous enough task, lower bin and no back door to catch on cuts down those risks and just makes life easier, if i go with a 16ton dump bin it is about 400mm higher than the multi purpose , thats alot when you have to go the guts of 15 -20 buckets to fill it.

Dooley is the daddy of them

Had a look there, fine looking trailer but judging by the photos i think the bin will be to high for what im looking for and they only do a dropside version of the smaller trailer.

Have 14 tonne find it good v stable and well put together and was a good bit cheaper than smith or broughan

Nice rig :Thumbp2:, Just a few questions if you dont mind ,
how do you find the back door setup, any chance of it twisting if say one side got stuck and the other ram, and also what is it like for muck getting stuck in the corners as they dont have a gusset between the floor and side board. The one i looked at came with 8mm floor and 6mm sides , is it upto a bit of abuse with a bucket taking out stone ?

If i was buying a new dump trailer i would go for the fold down back door rather than the up and over. I have a up and over and can be a pain if you want to load trailer with tree branches or stumps or lumps of concrete getting caught in the back door and bending or breaking it.

Yes absolutely, its just less things catch on and at the end of the day it does the same job.

Hard to look past a Dooley they'll make it to whatever spec you want.

Nice trailer but as i was saying above just doesn't tick all the boxes and i have a feeling my only option will be to take whats on the forecourt as there will be serious delays on a new build .

Hello all,

Thanks in advance.

The bloke who keeps all his ground working plant at our farm has a JPM beaver tail low loader I'd have to say the build quality on it (IMHO) is excellent I would imagine the dump trailer would be similar , Dale did say when funds allow he will be a new dump trailer from JPM, he crrently has 2 X herbst good yokes but getting tired now, I would think they (JPM) must be good value for money as dale is notoriously tight sorry careful wth he g es his coin too !!!!

@Endah Floor seems to clean well , back door hasnt bein any issue but can see it down road givin bother as there lot wearing points and flexin

Last edited:
How does the back door work on the jpm trailer for loading digger?

If you look closely, you will see that it is hinged on top and bottom
As said above, it must leave the back door 'flexy'
Drop down door would be a far better option IMO, but as said, if its not in stock, there could be a wait.

jpm-drop-side-023.jpg

Did anyone price a new dump trailer lately, what kind of money is a standard enough spec 14 tonne?

Back