Deutz Tractors

I have a Zetor 10641 with loader here for past 4 years . Very happy with it .
Like comparing a 1977 Fiesta with a 2010 Fiesta , comparing it to a 7211.
Electric pto engagement , electric lift controls , Carroro front axle . Nippy manouverable tractor.

Lol... I hear ya. The neighbour has a 7011 for years and still plugging away. I think the 02' 9641 is very much a manual basic version. No elecs.... brakes op by air? This one has low hours and if it falls into the budget I'l go look the weekend. Anything to check specifically on them?

Lol... I hear ya. The neighbour has a 7011 for years and still plugging away. I think the 02' 9641 is very much a manual basic version. No elecs.... brakes op by air? This one has low hours and if it falls into the budget I'l go look the weekend. Anything to check specifically on them?

Plenty of Electrics, three speed powershift and electric Bosch lift. Can't recall how the PTO is engaged.

Jf will you fill in!

Edit or is a 2002 model the older square bonnet version :scratchhead::scratchhead:

Yes, the one I'm thinking about is the older square bonnet one...View attachment 75113

As said , the square bonnet . Mine is 06 , have driven a round bonnet 03 , another 06 . And a 08 9641.

I have driven a neighbors 00 10540 , which I would think has a lot in common with that tractor which you are looking at . The cab on that is the same as mine , not the older 10540 type . Good tractor , just not as modern , as in levers for the lift etc . Exhaust on cab pillar on mine. Have seen several 10540s still going well as teenagers , eg 13 and 14000 hours on the original engines .
Like all sh vehicles , how it was minded is the important bit .

Don't know if this should be in the what annoyed you today thread... Got a call from the brother a few weeks ago to say that the Same just stopped moving when he went to back up to the low loader , (he was using it while his own was getting serviced), thought he'd hit the creeper gear lever at first but no... anyway arrived over to it and wouldn't go forward or back, (trying to but not going) so anyway unhooked it from the low loader and tried it a few times nothing, then tried it in 4wd and she went, long story short got it on another low loader and home.

Anyway finally got around to investigating the problem this week and the pictures do not make for nice viewing...

Same 165.7 axle-01.jpg Same 165.7 axle-02.jpg

Don't know if this should be in the what annoyed you today thread... Got a call form the brother a few weeks ago to say that the Same just stopped moving when he went to back up to the low loader , (he was using it while his own was getting serviced), thought he'd hit the creeper gear lever at first but no... anyway arrived over to it and wouldn't go forward or back, (trying to but not going) so anyway unhooked it from the low loader and tried it a few times nothing, then tried it in 4wd and she went, long story short got it on another low loader and home.

Anyway finally got around to investigating the problem this week and the pictures do not make for nice viewing...

View attachment 76025 View attachment 76026
Jaysus... that ain't pretty

Don't know if this should be in the what annoyed you today thread... Got a call from the brother a few weeks ago to say that the Same just stopped moving when he went to back up to the low loader , (he was using it while his own was getting serviced), thought he'd hit the creeper gear lever at first but no... anyway arrived over to it and wouldn't go forward or back, (trying to but not going) so anyway unhooked it from the low loader and tried it a few times nothing, then tried it in 4wd and she went, long story short got it on another low loader and home.

View attachment 76025 View attachment 76026

ouch. That’s a big shaft. Interesting pattern in the fracture. I wonder are the lines running into the centre a result of the hardening process.
I’m sure you know, but propping a machine with concrete blocks is very hazardous. I still remember a guy being killed when he used them under a bus. They can pop under the weight without warning.

ouch. That’s a big shaft. Interesting pattern in the fracture. I wonder are the lines running into the centre a result of the hardening process.
I’m sure you know, but propping a machine with concrete blocks is very hazardous. I still remember a guy being killed when he used them under a bus. They can pop under the weight without warning.
At a guess the end of the stub that sheared is now well messed up from being run against the other end while trying to move it and this can cause a shaft to become magnetically charged. The filings then bond to the stub in a certain pattern very like what we’re looking at. To look at looks like it was just torn apart rather than twisted apart. Could be wrong though!
Totally agree on the use of concrete blocks though, especially cavity blocks. The only place for cavity blocks in a workshop is in the walls.

Its possible the tractor is only partly supported by cavity blocks but l wouldnt even enter the shed in any case.
Solid blocks are no better imo.
Railway sleepers or proper axle stands the only way. And even then l'd be wary of it.

I'd say its proped under the hitch or the lower link point and the blocks are only there as an insurance measure
Hopefully. That’s said, I wouldn’t use them as an insurance measure either. A sudden loading on the concrete block would be even more likely to burst it.
Sorry to see the shaft broken @S.Burke , hopefully you’ll get one relatively cheaply from a breaker.

@CORK , @johndeere6920s @Titan 8820 and @MF30 thanks for the concern, re the blocks, there's a 30 ton jack behind them at the hitch, timbers beside that, blocks only put in when I was heading in for the evening (as a third option and not supporting),
I would say its a reverse torsional fatigue load, star like and a pointed centre. anyway its all back together now and seems to be running hunky dory.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23721269
Deutz dx 6.30. Full engine rebuild!!!!!!!!!!
What were these tractors like? I saw 1 this year looked well but d owner had d 4wd shaft taken out and it went to its hole on a bog field with a dung spreader he reckoned they could engage 4wd themselves on d road
A noisy machine, light on diesel, brakes need to be serviced regularly but it is not difficult, never heard or saw them going into 4wd on the road, 4wd engagement was manual and heavy to engage on any of them I drove. The front axle did get damaged on one I use to drive, but it was on the wrong sized front wheels for a couple of years.

A noisy machine, light on diesel, brakes need to be serviced regularly but it is not difficult, never heard or saw them going into 4wd on the road, 4wd engagement was manual and heavy to engage on any of them I drove. The front axle did get damaged on one I use to drive, but it was on the wrong sized front wheels for a couple of years.
That one would blow the head off you with the straight pipe, open the front window in summer to keep cool and be deafened.

Were the 630/650 the same dry brakes system as the previous DX 90/110 range ? The brakes occasionally caught fire , carrying a fire extinguisher was essential.

I knew of a 650/630, not sure which , as he had both , that had a pipe pulled off underneath when it went down in soft ground being reclaimed . Resulting in the oil totally going out of transmission. It cost £7000 to fix , and that’s in the early 90s . It certainly didn’t put him off Deutz , as he still has 3 . All bought new , 06 165 , 08 150 and 152 210.

Were the 630/650 the same dry brakes system as the previous DX 90/110 range ? The brakes occasionally caught fire , carrying a fire extinguisher was essential.

I knew of a 650/630, not sure which , as he had both , that had a pipe pulled off underneath when it went down in soft ground being reclaimed . Resulting in the oil totally going out of transmission. It cost £7000 to fix , and that’s in the early 90s . It certainly didn’t put him off Deutz , as he still has 3 . All bought new , 06 165 , 08 150 and 152 210.
Yeah, the ones I drove had the dry outboard brake, ok if kept clean and serviced now and again.

we had a 6.50 here, didnt end to well but was a beast in its time, easily the biggest tractor about and a straight stainless, it wasnt as loud as others, we can here the valmet comming a good 2 mile away when it was a straight pipe, it replaced the deutz when my brother fell asleep in it one morning.

That one would blow the head off you with the straight pipe, open the front window in summer to keep cool and be deafened.

Definitely needs the original exhaust back on, they don't have the same Deutz hum at all with the straight pipe.

I see he is lookkng for a 6.61 instead, almost a downgrade.

A nice older one here:
https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/deutz-10006/25190144

ZGNmY2MzYWQwMjJkYjZkNzhkZjBjMWU4N2E1ZDhlNjCCMJRJae0fXrtDiGcuPtcnaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDk4ODE4NzV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Back