Silage 2020

Started round here, big dairy concern where chopping grass weds night when I went to ASDA in yeovil for my click n collect affter work,
Was all new leys which they'll grub up n wack maize in em

Started round here, big dairy concern where chopping grass weds night when I went to ASDA in yeovil for my click n collect affter work,
Was all new leys which they'll grub up n wack maize in em
Did not realize or had forgotten you were near yeovil. I took myself and my father over to the Malcolm Beaton auction a number of years back. Stayed outside yeovil. He Also he got to see the Haynes museum. Great few days. Nice countryside.

How does mark Troy manage such a large contrasting business and have a full time job as well

Sounds crazy to me
i suppose when it comes to pit silage, i remember him saying to my old man that he tries to keep 1st cut within a 10 day span. wouldnt be surprised if he is achieving 200+ acres a day if conditions were right. also a lot of his drivers have been there a long time so my guess when it comes to other jobs, he leaves them at it

Last edited:
He was here yesterday
20200413_151341(0).jpg
20200413_152740.jpg

No baling.3 new mf tractors and a big m 450as well .both themselves and tony o'mahony get through some amount of work.and I would still recon there is bigger operations north of the city

What does he work at?

From the Irish Farmers Journal article linked above in the 1st post:
"The contracting business is unique in the sense that Mark has a full-time job as a financial controller with Kevin O’Leary motors in Bandon."

From the Irish Farmers Journal article linked above in the 1st post:
"The contracting business is unique in the sense that Mark has a full-time job as a financial controller with Kevin O’Leary motors in Bandon."
He must be a seriously good organiser

Did not realize or had forgotten you were near yeovil. I took myself and my father over to the Malcolm Beaton auction a number of years back. Stayed outside yeovil. He Also he got to see the Haynes museum. Great few days. Nice countryside.

Was that recent chap, Haynes would about 6-7 mile up the 303 from us, it's a fantastic place to visit now all manner of exhibits inside n out, I haven't been up for about 10 year, !!! Me FIL goes every so often as they have classic car meets there, he loves ot

Was that recent chap, Haynes would about 6-7 mile up the 303 from us, it's a fantastic place to visit now all manner of exhibits inside n out, I haven't been up for about 10 year, !!! Me FIL goes every so often as they have classic car meets there, he loves ot

Jeepers. I just checked. That sale was on in November 2008 so nearly 12 yrs ago!!! Feels like only last year.

Are you near the Fleet Air Arm museum . My sister used to live in Westbury but lives north of it now .

Are you near the Fleet Air Arm museum . My sister used to live in Westbury but lives north of it now .

Aye bout 5 mile from there, me mate dave Skiddy works there on the naval historic flight, he ex navy chief and is also the captain of our skittle team, west bury is a bit more of a hike up the way bout n hour away of your rapid,,
They also use the fleet air arm conference room for doing speed awareness course,,,, been there done that,,,,

Jeepers. I just checked. That sale was on in November 2008 so nearly 12 yrs ago!!! Feels like only last year.

I'm li,e that all the time,,, ah it was only a couple of year ago mate,,,, mmm yeah make it 5-10-15 etc,,,, I think as we get older we get more "selective" about a "few years ago,,,"

The auction was at babcary lane, Deere park farm. I stay a small distance away roadside pub/in. But for the life of me I can’t remember exactly where it was. Also found from Bristol down was littered with speed cameras even back then. Very slow roads and hard to make good time on journeys.

Back