20ft rakes

AHC

So I’m in the market for a 20ft rake. Have looked at some rough dogs. I can buy a 2018 claas 2600 still in the box for good value and still eligible for the claas finance 0% scheme. I can also buy a brand new 2020 sip 650/20T at what seems like good value. What I’m asking here is has anyone used a sip rake and are they comparable to the claas. When it comes to trading in the claas will obviously still attract a premium but I buy to keep and look after so I’m not that overly concerned about trade in value. TIA

The sip has he same as the old kuhn tine arm joint and its a bad set up it's a lynch pin holding it.
May take years but the lynch pins will eventually wear the holders

We had 1 of those Kuhn’s rakes 7301, it did wear the tine arm but it did take 10 maybe 15 years to do it. But I thought it handy for taking the tine arms off when getting it in a shed for the winter.
Hard to pass a Claas rake if it’s priced right, will always be worth a lot.

A Lely rotonde won't cost a fortune and are a simple machine. Might not be what you're looking for though.

A Lely rotonde won't cost a fortune and are a simple machine. Might not be what you're looking for though.
That’s what he has . And I wouldn’t wish one of them on someone. Had one here for 4yrs . If grass has life in it will clean the ground perfectly. Grass that’s been down a few days untouched or many other reasons. They were god awful to clean the ground with any pace .

Reactions: AHC
It’s what I currently have. It’s just not fit to put up a big enough row. 90% of the stuff I bale is all kicked out now. The rotounde would lift two 10fts but it’ll not lift them kicked out

Hmm. I’m not convinced on what way to go sip is better specced for similar £
All it has extra is hydraulic width adjustment?
Lads go off there head for them 2600 claas rakes in 10 years it will be worth a substantial amount still.
Sip might not even be selling rakes in this country in 10 years.
There was a man on here before and he wasn't far wrong.
The day you buy is the day you sell

I have a massey rake, it would be doing between about 2200-2500 acres of raking every year the last 4 years, only broke one shaft and a couple of tines in that time, a lot smaller and tidier on the road than a lot of rakes and it was only 12500 When bought, was the first one in ireland it was at the ploughing in 2015

Attachments

• 42C92205-0278-45E8-B02A-986AA7C92780.png
    42C92205-0278-45E8-B02A-986AA7C92780.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 149
So I’m in the market for a 20ft rake. Have looked at some rough dogs. I can buy a 2018 claas 2600 still in the box for good value and still eligible for the claas finance 0% scheme. I can also buy a brand new 2020 sip 650/20T at what seems like good value. What I’m asking here is has anyone used a sip rake and are they comparable to the claas. When it comes to trading in the claas will obviously still attract a premium but I buy to keep and look after so I’m not that overly concerned about trade in value. TIA
Have you looked at Krone?

Lads go off there head for them 2600 claas rakes in 10 years it will be worth a substantial amount still.
I know alright. I’m pretty sure I’ll not go for the sip. Heard the 2600’s aren’t as well built as they once where and now been told to look at a Kuhn? Ugh head is fried

I’m not a big claas fan but put both up for sale used and I wouldn’t even look at the sip.

Reactions: AHC
Did a lot of raking with a Fella that was only a few years old. It rattled and banged and left grass behind, it also wouldn't pull straight on the road. I wasn't impressed.

A contractor near here has a Claas (660? ) I think it was. He had an accident with it crossing a gap between fields, twisted the rear axle and one of the stub axles.

He was sure it was a write off but I remanufactured the part where the axle attached to the beam. The beam and axle were good, where it joined was what was damaged. Cut the stub axle, straightened it and plated it. Horrid sorry I never took any photos. I raked all my own second cut silage with it that year to test it before I sent it back, and it was perfect. Never left a wisp behind and was silent behind the tractor.

Long story short, I came to the conclusion that the Claas was that bit more expensive for a reason.

Is there much of a price difference between the two?

Uncle has a 20ft kuhn. Few hundred acres a year, light crops though, and must be nearing 10 yrs old with no issues at all.

The 20 ft kuhn is light enough but very handy putting 2 10 foot strokes together ,the claas 2600 is a far stronger machine

I know alright. I’m pretty sure I’ll not go for the sip. Heard the 2600’s aren’t as well built as they once where and now been told to look at a Kuhn? Ugh head is fried
Personally I wouldn't buy a 2600 I'd go to a 2700 but I know the price jump is alot.
@john415 had a smaller kuhn I'm sure
On our second season now with a pottinger.
If it stays going the way it is I wouldnt look at any other make

Back