At the mart...

Speaking of old animals I have 2 fr bullock coming 4 year old at end of year ,these are fit to kill now .what sort of a haircut should i expect off the base price ,these would only be 700kg or so live weight

They were bought as sucks, what mart was that. Often come across old animals, bought 4 yr old bullocks last week

Speaking of old animals I have 2 fr bullock coming 4 year old at end of year ,these are fit to kill now .what sort of a haircut should i expect off the base price ,these would only be 700kg or so live weight

Somebody that kills a lot of cattle would know but might be too clever to tell you.

-.18 cent ??? I cud be wrong, but factories don’t like anything over 36 months.

For an 8 yr old animal, if you were given anything above cow price it would be hard to argue with.

Maybe the buyer has niche market

Was thinking cow price tbh.

With the 4 year old would you get one or two away on a load with younger cattle.
Or perhaps 10 cents less

I know a man who was involved in the meat business. He was in Argentina in the early eighties to do with his job. At that time they were killing bullocks that were fourteen years old. Apparently whoever was running the country that time had stopped the export of beef to keep the price down to keep the people content.

Not much profit in them tho, 8 years is a long time to look at a bullock, the next owner won’t have them as long......

I'm told he took a couple of them home. Didn't sell. Hes had them in the mart a few times seemingly

They are as heavy as youd see in a Bullock. Wonder what the story was there?

Pre lockdown, there were a few in the local mart like that 4-5 years old, heaviest was 1400kg or thereabouts. All fine CH stock and none dehorned :eek3:

I'm told he took a couple of them home. Didn't sell. Hes had them in the mart a few times seemingly

If you have them that long they become part of the family. :yes:

Turkey have an order placed for 100,000 weanlings at the back end. Should put a good floor in the market.

Excellent news, but I hope our new government don't fuck things up with the Greens in particular not mad about live exports, will these be heifers or bulls or a mixture?

Excellent news, but I hope our new government don't fuck things up with the Greens in particular not mad about live exports, will these be heifers or bulls or a mixture?

A mixture I'd say. Lets hope the government can lubricate it and keep it flowing.

I always thought that for a country that exports 80% of its beef, our Department of Agriculture should be chartering its own ship for exports on a full time basis - one which meets very high welfare standards - so that they can stand by the conditions.

A mixture I'd say. Lets hope the government can lubricate it and keep it flowing.

I always thought that for a country that exports 80% of its beef, our Department of Agriculture should be chartering its own ship for exports on a full time basis - one which meets very high welfare standards - so that they can stand by the conditions.
What do you have to do to make a weanling suitable for export? In the mart you'd see on the board, suitable for export yes/no

Back