Spring oats

I was a bit late with the mildew spray earlier in the year, I hadn't realised Husky had failed so much on mildew resistance, it had done a lot of damage.
View attachment 79145 View attachment 79146 View attachment 79147

Have you gone with the headspray yet gone? Mine are a good few days behind that and will be close to another week before that spray will go on.

Yours were sown early if I remember rightly as a friends are between yours and mine. They look Lovely and even.

Have you gone with the headspray yet gone? Mine are a good few days behind that and will be close to another week before that spray will go on.

Yours were sown early if I remember rightly as a friends are between yours and mine. They look Lovely and even.
Not yet, will do them ASAP, it is 2nd on the list, but will probably end up being 3rd as I have a lot of spring barley T2 to do just booked in yesterday evening.

This is Isabel in Co. Waterford.

CCC at 1L followed by CCC 1L & Moddus 0.2L at GS32.

Great spring in it.

Isabels lush appearance can be a bit scary but it usually stiffens up well.

91C03BA6-8609-4E38-9A80-969450849498.jpeg

I think crops have realized that it is June but there is some lad down in Cork getting ready to cut Winter Barley and has the Journal Photographer booked for the 22nd to make that weeks edition.
It’s got much harder to make the front page since Paraquat was banned.

View attachment 79434 View attachment 79435 View attachment 79436 View attachment 79437
A crop of Isabelle I have, sprayed 30 days now and slow to ear out. The 2nd ccc moddus mix has it well slowed up. Looks decent considering the lack of rain and heat tho.
Very nice indeed. The Crown Rust resistance makes management easier.

Not to mention your agronomic skills @Blackwater boy - they easily add an extra tonne/acre. Similar to adding the second flashing beacon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back