I'm Looking For...

Well wear @towbar , very jealous I think they're a great size for a lot of farms. Never driven that size tacky but if the smaller ones are anything to go by you should have a real nice machine on your hands, the tb125s are definitely the nicest I've hired over the years.

30 years ago that's how nearly every low loader worked wasn't it?
We’ve a few jobs in farm but also planning some work around the house and this came up. It is ex hire but apart from bad wear in the quick hitch and poor buckets machine itself seems in good condition. Very happy with the deal seller was keen to move it on and I think didn’t have that much interest apparently 8/9 ton is the new popular size

anyone remember what the balers with the flail mower on front were called?
Used for clearing scrub land, could bale up small trees and everything.

Bang on.

I wonder would such a thing bale wholecrop?! Direct cut kind of thing!
Would a flail cutter knock out too much grain?
Front mower without conditioner and normal baler on the back be better?

Would a flail cutter knock out too much grain?
Front mower without conditioner and normal baler on the back be better?
probably would you'r right. Would need a good flail setup to hover it all in.

I’m still torn between beaver tail single axle and the front mounted ones. I really like the idea of the low floor! About 600 cheaper too. Certainly the drop floors are good value

I’m still torn between beaver tail single axle and the front mounted ones. I really like the idea of the low floor! About 600 cheaper too. Certainly the drop floors are good value
The beaver tail on lowish wheels will be fine for loading and unloading
I think if you have to take off the cheaper one, and be chocking wheels and disconnecting hose and cable every time you want to load/unload, you might be sorry you didnt spend the extra €600

Was gona say would this suit but I see from your post the ones you were looking at before are cheaper!!
https://www.donedeal.ie/view/25366719
Bail trailer
Cheers @drew done a deal on that trailer today. I wouldn’t have seen it but for your post and was a handy run to pick it up. Genuine guy to deal with and to be fair it’s a lot stronger than the newer ones I seen and a good saving over the beaver tail in the end although I know I’ll hear mikes words ringing in my ear every time I hook on off!!!C141C531-DFDD-4B65-8987-B3C454D477FA.jpeg F9F46B58-34E4-4273-8080-CD139B1D1C1F.jpeg

Cheers @drew done a deal on that trailer today. I wouldn’t have seen it but for your post and was a handy run to pick it up. Genuine guy to deal with and to be fair it’s a lot stronger than the newer ones I seen and a good saving over the beaver tail in the end although I know I’ll hear mikes words ringing in my ear every time I hook on off!!!View attachment 80562 View attachment 80563
Well wear! :Thumbp2::Thumbp2: Hope it works out, i like the way on them that you’ve a bit of room on the back to throw on your buckets and there out of the way!

Cheers @drew done a deal on that trailer today. I wouldn’t have seen it but for your post and was a handy run to pick it up. Genuine guy to deal with and to be fair it’s a lot stronger than the newer ones I seen and a good saving over the beaver tail in the end although I know I’ll hear mikes words ringing in my ear every time I hook on off!!!View attachment 80562 View attachment 80563

Just hop on from the side then you won’t need to unhook it.:Thumbp2:

Well wear,looks a decent trailer.

Looking for a tractor to do a lot of trailer road work. So power, comfort and a bit of speed are the requirements.

not fussed on brand per say, have NH in the yard already so most knowledgable on them but not married to them either

I suppose 160 hp upwards, budget is in the 70k region

so what do people think is the best tractor for doing a lot of road work and what would you go for with that money?

Looking for a tractor to do a lot of trailer road work. So power, comfort and a bit of speed are the requirements.

not fussed on brand per say, have NH in the yard already so most knowledgable on them but not married to them either

so what do people think is the best tractor for doing a lot of road work and what would you go for with that money?
on nh side, late model LWB tm (175/190) or a high bonnet t6080 (50k range command) im thinking. if you have that kind of budget could definitely go newer again for a t7 200 and above. could go for a lwb t7 or the case equivalent
personally if i had 70k, be definitely going for a pre vario fendt 800 series if i could. finding 1 with decent hours are the issue and near impossible to find 1 in ireland.
do you have any preferences on transmission type (semi/full powershift or continuously variable)?

If your budget is that much, would you be better off going new and spread it over another few years?

Now I will admit, I've no idea of the price of a new tractor of that size.

Is ur budget ex vat? You’ll get a ‘18/19 7718 50k for less than 80k, or a ‘15/‘16 Fendt 716 for the 80k mark aswell.
Two good tractors.

Back