Estrumate

muckymanor

Is is estrumate that is used to about unwanted cattle pregnancy?
Have a lovely little heifer and found a neighbours angus bull calf with her. He's not the type that you would breed with and she is not even 12 months old. She would be a keeper. Will the injection impact on her fertility in the future?

Have a lovely little heifer and found a neighbours angus bull calf with her. He's not the type that you would breed with and she is not even 12 months old. She would be a keeper. Will the injection impact on her fertility in the future?
Yep 2ml of estrumate will do it. She’ll be bulling in a day or 2 after it again and as far as I know it shouldn’t cause any further complications provided she hasn’t gone too long

First question, yes.
Second question, it shouldn't. It's used to synchronise breeding anyway.

Yep 2ml of estrumate will do it. She’ll be bulling in a day or 2 after it again and as far as I know it shouldn’t cause any further complications provided she hasn’t gone too long

First question, yes.
Second question, it shouldn't. It's used to synchronise breeding anyway.

Just reading up on estrumate, it's 95% effective and works up to 12 weeks into pregnancy.

Reactions: Paw
I don't have one and that is a pointless analogy in my view.
Ah c'mon, bit of banter. If you caught a young fella in a young woman's bedroom you'd hardly assume they were up to nothing. A bull doesn't break in from the neighbours to a heifer for a merely social visit. Likelihood is she was running and that's why the bull broke in in the first place. So it's actually very likely he's got the business done.

Back