rain going through block wall

Tomjim

How to stop rain getting through a blocked wall, I don't want to plaster it.

When I am lambing the sheep if there is heavy rain the floor and bedding gets very wet and has to be cleaned out

Would bitumen paint solve the problem

How to stop rain getting through a blocked wall, I don't want to plaster it.

When I am lambing the sheep if there is heavy rain the floor and bedding gets very wet and has to be cleaned out

Would bitumen paint solve the problem

I would think it ought to !! Is the rain actually coming thru or is it surface water coming through the bottom??

Plaster it, and if its a single skin wall you might need some sealant or special paint after. Or maybe consider over cladding with tin if possible

Line the outside with tin.
We used some of that bitumen paint on an exposed wall and it just washed off after a few years.

That or build a second skin of blocks on the outside.

Plaster it, and if its a single skin wall you might need some sealant or special paint after. Or maybe consider over cladding with tin if possible

As above but don't expect it to be a complete success. Best bet is knock it and replace with a shuttered wall.

The problem with something like that potentially being a big help is that if it doesn't do enough then it can be fierce hard to plaster over. The plaster doesn't want to stick any more than the rain.

Plastering isnt that expensive and if you need more than plaster you can then use a sealant on the plaster. Mush better than using plaster on a sealant

The problem with something like that potentially being a big help is that if it doesn't do enough then it can be fierce hard to plaster over. The plaster doesn't want to stick any more than the rain.

Plastering isnt that expensive and if you need more than plaster you can then use a sealant on the plaster. Mush better than using plaster on a sealant
Yes, i would agree with you there, you would only want to be using it if you have no intention of plastering it.

If I plastered the wall what thickness would the plaster be. The width of my crush is 72.5 cm.

Attachments

• 15962761241998290987883899950150.jpg
    15962761241998290987883899950150.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 1596276170145724009780469311172.jpg
    1596276170145724009780469311172.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 69
The most of that water could be getting in down at the bottom between the wall and the floor. So putting something on the wall mightn’t solve the problem.

I would knock the wall and shutter it and that is from someone that has only bought two loads of redymix in the last twenty four years.

Or could you cantilever a bit of roof out over the crush? Get a bit of shelter maybe for working the crush on wet days and dry your shed out at the same time

Depends on what's happening in the yard obviously but could be a great job if it worked

I'd scud that wall first more and then take it from there.

I'd be all in favour of JohnBoy's thoughts above too, @drew did something similar.

If I plastered the wall what thickness would the plaster be. The width of my crush is 72.5 cm.

Is the rain hitting the side sheeting and then running down the wall. Would some kind of gutter at the bottom of the side sheeting help

Back