Public Footpath's

It's all sewn up nicely, there is the rule, something like not walked in x years, but the people campaigning to re open them will make sure they have evidence of walking the 'path' and that it must be re opened!

Was talking to my local councillor, and a few years ago the same happened on his land, that path had been officially closed due to a river straightening or something, either way the crowd from the 'ramblers society' have plenty of ex lawyers and whatever and they ran rings around the closure and had it re opened!

By rights there should be some form of survey to see if such expenditure is worth it, but it doesn't happen!
Youve hit the nail on the head there the number of well educated people with bags of time to put into furthering there aims is phenomenal the internet has alot to answer for.

Remember seeing one where the farmer lined the paths with hessian fencing. Stopped people wandering off the track and kept all the rubbish and dog poop on it

Never thought I’d see the day,

A couple in their 30’s jogged into the farm yard this afternoon wondering if they could run up the farm lane way (it’s beside the yard with a traffic barrier across it).

I said no it’s a dead end (knowing full well they they knew that).
He then asked if he jog up there.

I said no, it’s private property.

They seemed normal enough, urban types and not overly pleased with my reaction.

No point setting a precedent. Next thing he’d be sending a selfie saying how this lane is a grand place for a jog and it would become the norm.

Welcome to the country.

A couple in their 30’s jogged into the farm yard this afternoon wondering if they could run up the farm lane way (it’s beside the yard with a traffic barrier across it).

No point setting a precedent. Next thing he’d be sending a selfie saying how this lane is a grand place for a jog and it would become the norm.

Welcome to the country.

Yes my friend you can jog up my private lane, I'll follow you home and and fertilizer your garden for free, no no no don't thank me now the pleasures all mine I'm always after using some ones private property,, no no ho estly I do t mind,, I'll tell all my kind farming friends to follow me to yours ,, thanks a lot

Welcome to the country.

The neck of some people :sad:, and of course if they tripped or fell they would probably want to claim against you then :sweat:

We've had hassles with bike riders on a lane through rented ground.

'But it's on google Earth' is the line.

'So is your back garden but I can't just wonder round there can I!?'

I’ve had cyclists ring up at my electric gate wanting me to let them through,best one was one who told me he was going to the village over the river,he’d do well! No bridge and the rivers 66m wide,I usually tell them to get lost,the woman with a fat dog who rang because she couldn’t get it over the style had me laughing,I did open the gate for her.

This year has become a nightmare with public footpaths,I can’t blame folk for going a walk because they’ve no other option this year,counted 30 walkers in a 16 acre field the other day,it’s like the feckin M6.

I was picking up silage the other night and there was a women walking up and down the field with a flashlight. I pulled up and asked her what she was doing on private property and she said that she couldnt sleep and did I know what time it was. I said it was 1.48 am according to my watch but I think the lad im working for watch runs about 4 hours slower than mine due to past experience.
It really makes you wonder what does be going on in some peoples minds:scratchhead:

Back