Silage 2020

He picked up for a neighbour here last week. He did for a few down around ballinamore and aughnasheelan this year according to his father anyway.

No definatly no wagon work down here unless maybe with the exception of a man that is a builder in new york that built a pit and bought a wagon this year that he give him a hand.only 2 pits in aghnasheelin , one cuts his own and greg does the other.mate of mine goes piping with him but he says as you say most of its across the bridge.after the rain that fell this afternoon there wont be much done next week

I was shown a video half an hour ago , of the
South East 6 cylinder Ford Club 2020 Silage video . I didnt realise there were any events going on .
A nice F140 , yours @humungus ?:rolleyes2:
A smashing 6 cyl Major and Tarrup double chop , working to perfection .

Ps .
I have done what I should have done before posting . Looked it up myself. It seems it was filmed in 2019. Ray Mallon uploaded it .

I know a few small groups of lads doing silage demos over last few weekends few lads in Meath with some double chops come to mind.
That’s a sweet MB Trac in that video Agripower, those old trailers on the Deere bring back memories, a Dooley and a Lee by any chance?
Is there a second video of them working?

Last edited:
Wouldnt be to many pilots for thr massey and the frazer nowadays, but they surely done there share back in them days long before a baler was ever heard of.
Was there many balers around the country before 1981 when mccormacks / volac nowadays were subsidising the purchase of balers.

I know a few small groups of lads doing silage demos over last few weekends few lads in Meath with some double chops come to mind.
That’s a sweet MB Trac in that video Agripower, those old trailers on the Deere bring back memories, a Dooley and a Lee by any chance?
Is there a second video of them working?

I was shown a video half an hour ago , of the
South East 6 cylinder Ford Club 2020 Silage video . I didnt realise there were any events going on .
A nice F140 , yours @humungus ?:rolleyes2:
A smashing 6 cyl Major and Tarrup double chop , working to perfection .
no not me anyway, they wouldn,t pay me an appearance fee :Whistle2: where would i find this video ?

Phone mostly , but have a laptop. I take photos with the phone , and have no bother putting them up on the forum.

I don't know how to do it on the phone, on the laptop
open the video you want to copy
put the cursor over the top of the address on the web page and left click on the address and highlight it
keep the cursor on top of the highlighted web address and right click
Select copy
Then go to the forum and left click where you want to place the video,
Straight after that, right click at the same spot and hit paste
I hope you follow that

Krone is gaining ground each year . Local lad here always ran john deere harvester . Demoed a krone last year and was seriously impressed . Bought a new 650 krone this year . Shovel driver is now under pressure im told (one of the best around at putting up silage ) have 5 20ft drawing .
I'd say a claas is a better machine

Back