Iconic tractors

John Deere 6400 , I remember when they were launched, seemed to be just such a neat looking machine.
There's one in the museum at the JD factory in Mannheim, been there since it was built, tour guide says they've lost count of the times people have tried to buy it.

John Deere 6400 , I remember when they were launched, seemed to be just such a neat looking machine.
There's one in the museum at the JD factory in Mannheim, been there since it was built, tour guide says they've lost count of the times people have tried to buy it.

I've driven many of the most popular john deere models, 7810s, 4955, 3650s etc. 6400 is the one I always had a soft spot for

@Mike: I think they should be the comeback king of tractors as the 60 series (first go at them) we’re a disaster.

Mine would be a toss up between a 824 fendt and a MB Trac 1500 with reverse drive.
I’d settle for a 7810 Deere if all else failed.

@Mike: I think they should be the comeback king of tractors as the 60 series (first go at them) we’re a disaster.

Mine would be a toss up between a 824 fendt and a MB Trac 1500 with reverse drive.
I’d settle for a 7810 Deere if all else failed.
I didnt think the 60 series were a disaster :scratchhead:

I drove two in Uk about 20 years ago and they were balls of dung and the two contractors who owned them.
Whom had pretty much the same consensus, they were very a bit step up from the 8340’s and gave a lot of electrical trouble. The TMs were a completely different beast I remember at the time.
Never been a Ford/NH fan but the 8340 Sle was an animal of a tractor.

had an 8360 here. sold it to get the tm165 due to dad wanting the suspension. he regrets selling that tractor. in terms of tugging power, miles ahead of the tm. noticed you have to drop a couple extra gears coming up hills. never dropped revs when mowing compared to the tm and never caused any hassle mechanically. had and have issues with the tm. not a fan of power command. has its moments but as most know, that box saps the power compared to range command. only thing it has over a 60 series was the suspension but even then you can fit cab sus to a 60 series if it has rc. if our tm had rc, be singing its praises. contractor friend of ours still running a 8260. never missed a beat. uncle in canada has an 8360. sent that out years ago when he lost a shed to the wind. if any nh was a disaster it would be the lwb tm

Deere 4455. Deere 7810 TLS.
Merc 1600. Merc 1100.
Fendt 515. Fendt 924 Vario.
Massey 3670, Massey 3690, Massey 3125.
Fiat 160/90.
Ford FW60. Ford Versatile 926.

had an 8360 here. sold it to get the tm165 due to dad wanting the suspension. he regrets selling that tractor. in terms of tugging power, miles ahead of the tm. noticed you have to drop a couple extra gears coming up hills. never dropped revs when mowing compared to the tm and never caused any hassle mechanically. had and have issues with the tm. not a fan of power command. has its moments but as most know, that box saps the power compared to range command. only thing it has over a 60 series was the suspension but even then you can fit cab sus to a 60 series if it has rc. if our tm had rc, be singing its praises. contractor friend of ours still running a 8260. never missed a beat. uncle in canada has an 8360. sent that out years ago when he lost a shed to the wind. if any nh was a disaster it would be the lwb tm
You'd have that cured in a couple of seconds

Reactions: c4l
A lad I worked with one time got his 8360 dynoed after he bought it. She was putting out 227 at the shaft.

Back