Winter wheat 2020

View attachment 78336

A random plant pulled up in a field that has had no fungicide to date, the only treatment to date has been PGR and weed control.

It has been exceptionally dry, so circumstances are not normal. However I would be looking at seriously trimming spend on T2, which most have been applied by now. There is scope for savings this year. The worst that can happen is the weather breaks down, and a T2.5 might have to be applied, highly unlikely though. It’s definitely not a year for high price products that contain the active that’s in Revysol, inspite of what any (sales based) agronomist says.

Update on our little zero fung trial. Early results are, it has been a resounding success! It was the bird seed market we were targeting, and if we delete the weed control and fert records we will have organic status too.

ps. I will be posting a link to an online petition to have the KPH threshold for wheat in Europe lowered from 72 to 45. I would appreciate it if you could sign it for me.
3CCAFEE4-C947-4886-8BA7-485B4B0F2939.jpeg

Update on our little zero fung trial. Early results are, it has been a resounding success! It was the bird seed market we were targeting, and if we delete the weed control and fert records we will have organic status too.

ps. I will be posting a link to an online petition to have the KPH threshold for wheat in Europe lowered from 72 to 45. I would appreciate it if you could sign it for me.
View attachment 81025
Remember kids, no fungicides are just for dummies

Cut a tank Graham at 3.30 and it was 21% so adjourned for the rest of the evening. I did not have to go far to fill it . I hope this does not effect the close of business prices on the CBOT .
They must have heard you had started and interpreted it as a bad sign for yields that you are starting so early, but haven't coped that you had to pull the plug.
CBOT up 3 or 4c.

Lots of wheat being cut around here today, moisture less than 20 but not heard anything about yields yet

Cut a tank Graham at 3.30 and it was 21% so adjourned for the rest of the evening. I did not have to go far to fill it . I hope this does not effect the close of business prices on the CBOT .

The difference in ground I suppose but the neighbour cut a few load yesterday evening a few hours after the bit of a shower and the first load was 19.8, 2nd 19.2. A load this evening was 16.3.

Is that the reserve yacht parked up Bog Man :laugh:

Lovely looking crop

They could have done with the boat because That corner of the field used to flood because people who are better paid than me planted trees ontop of a four inch pipe. I found the exit and they put a new pipe through the gardens. Their son is obsessed with combines since he was about two and is fifteen now and has bought an old Jeep to follow me around the field.

Cutting Graham and it seems to be yielding well. Not a lot of straw . Done a fag box calculation and it is heading for four tonnes / acre. Moisture at the start was 19 and it was a drying evening

View attachment 81197 View attachment 81198 View attachment 81199 View attachment 81200
I met the brother on the Fendt in Tullow this afternoon, didn't get a chance to talk to him as he was driving out as I was driving in.
Would love to hear his take on current events, but not with combines awaiting both of us.

Finished the wheat here, JB Diego and Graham, the latter was after maize and was a lovely crop, both were mixed in a heap but did 4.5t over the weighbridge and 4.66t when adjusted to 20% nearly every load seemed to bushel 77, hopefully I don't sound like some pri*K given the way 2020 harvest is going but we've had a few underwhelming results from wheat in the last couple of years so were glad of a good result.IMG_20200811_134050.jpg IMG_20200811_111431.jpg

Back