Factory Prices General thread

Prices down 10c for next week's quotes

Havent heard that‍♂️, maybe its local price back 10c, as you were well ahead of the market. Those crowd bought hard and overpriced in the marts around here over the last week so they are just balancing the book. Have a good few cattle to roll this week, wasnt any mention of a lower price.

They are struggling to find cattle, they hope people will panic sell.
Maybe in parts of the country, booking a week in advance around here and full kills each day. From watching the department price tables, they dont seem to be paying either:sad:

Havent heard that‍♂️, maybe its local price back 10c, as you were well ahead of the market. Those crowd bought hard and overpriced in the marts around here over the last week so they are just balancing the book. Have a good few cattle to roll this week, wasnt any mention of a lower price.
Doesn't stop the agent ringing wondering if cattle can be brought in next tuesday

Doesn't stop the agent ringing wondering if cattle can be brought in next tuesday

Are they terrible bad buyers or wankers to deal with if the locals dont deal with them. They probably have 2 artics of overpriced cattle bought in marts down here over last few days for Tuesdays kill. Surely over the last week they should be able to muster up another 150 cattle for Tuesdays kill from lads just phoning up to sell cattle over the last week.

Are they terrible bad buyers or wankers to deal with if the locals dont deal with them. They probably have 2 artics of overpriced cattle bought in marts down here over last few days for Tuesdays kill. Surely over the last week they should be able to muster up another 150 cattle for Tuesdays kill from lads just phoning up to sell cattle over the last week.

I have dealt with others and I wasn't happy.
In fairness, they don't have a big area. They have a fairly big factory not too far from them.

I read reports on agriland or one of those sites yesterday that prices for heavy cattle in the marts dropped over the last week too - they said that it was driven by by a fall in demand from northern buyers. But saying that I get an email from LSL every friday summarising the online mart prices for the previous week and lighter store cattle appear to have gone up in price if anything - certainly suckler continentals have gone up in price.

As @jf 850 points out, I assume its due to more cattle coming out because of age. The wet weather in the last few weeks can't have been doing a whole lot for it either.
prices definitely not down in enniscorthy last week anyway and haven,t heard of any other mart being down, the factories trying to spook a few lads into unloading cattle i,d say

I have dealt with others and I wasn't happy.
In fairness, they don't have a big area. They have a fairly big factory not too far from them.
Sent them cattle towards the end of last year after the debacle, when couldnt get enough animals killed locally. Found them the finest

i had a load booked for last Thursday, they went Tuesday evening, first time I ever saw a price rise in July....................
Grass growth is fantastic of late and lads aren't under pressure to move on cattle. I'd say factories are finding supplies aren't where they would usually expect them to be as a result if grass growth.

Screenshot_20200731-113801_Chrome.jpg the Cow in picture is the next lot . Price and details are for a big yellow charlaoiis cow. Top quality and very fat. What would she need to make per kg to come into that in factory.

The story with young cows when they cross border ,it can not be checked wheather they had calf or not so in all probability she ended up as heifer price

No man should ever be given that kind of power. but its still happening today. the competition authorities are for the most part a joke from what ive seen

The 30 month rule and the wet wet weather really work in favour of factories ,at least there is no strike this year it is not as if there is a shortage of grass

The 30 month rule and the wet wet weather really work in favour of factories ,at least there is no strike this year it is not as if there is a shortage of grass

There has to be a lot of cattle gone through compared to other years. Marts around the country have had big numbers all summer when most would normally have no more than a handful at that time of year. Mostly heavier cattle through them too because lads were able to get better prices than bringing them to the factory. Loads of heavy cattle went north too. Mart and factory prices have come into line over the last 2 weeks.

Are they getting them back or holding

Cows seem to be in demand

Looking at online marts this last week and cows are not as strong as they have been. Certainly back €50 to €100 with the ones that I saw. The odd exceptional one making big money and showboated on the media platform bit the general run of a continental cow is €2 per kg or less over the last 7 days. Have a few to sell here tomorrow so will give you an update then.

Prices for heavy stores well back at marts in last 10 days, more in line with current factory quotes now than what they were a few weeks back. I would say numbers will be tight this autumn but I will probably be wrong.

Prices for heavy stores well back at marts in last 10 days, more in line with current factory quotes now than what they were a few weeks back. I would say numbers will be tight this autumn but I will probably be wrong.

Havent seen it yet down here, cattle are actually dearer than they were a month ago and have very false weights from eating wet grass. Looking at standing cattle yesterday, and when they went on the scales they were 40 kgs heavier than their true weight in my eyes

Middle of the road forward stores bullocks or heifers well back around here. I regret to report.
Sold a few on Monday and again on Wednesday. Back 20 - 30 cents a kilo.
I'm going to stall for a while, between poor prices and having to wear masks, I've had enough.
It might settle, who knows.

Back