I'm Looking For...

Sounds like run of the mill border counties scammer.

That's a bit harsh now... Dealt with the man once, needed a second hand tyre of a rare size and he said he had it. Landed up to him and he had it there waiting.
Now I wouldn't buy a tractor as they look dog rough but they are priced accordingly. But I know other people that have brought muck spreaders and tyres off him and no complaints.
I did ring him about a muck spreader once, it was very cheap... Said to him on the phone, will it hold water? Now what do you think at that price was his reply:lol: at least he was honest!

From anything I've heard it would tally. His stuff is what it is, and no better comeback than a private sale.

But a share of it is priced even cheaper than a private sale would be so what harm if the price is right

As they say " a shut mouth catches no flies "..... i see his jeep around most days...alot of us go back to agrigear now or down to damien in rd tyres bellanleck ( near mcullaghs )

I don’t know this mystery guy the posts are about, My comment is purely anecdotal from a stint in the early 2000’s I was in the trade for a manufacturer and dealing in that border area(cavan/Monaghan/Armagh/Newry ) and it involved dealing with individuals in those counties and there was always some Vat scam/‘dodgy address in the south for a vat claim back scam’ operation, if it wasn’t that there’s was always general pissing And moaning about undercutting and numerous other headaches from a Oem point of view.
Again all just my experience but I knew a few reps from other manufacturers in the same line of thinking.

Last edited:
I thought Minogues were history.

They are working out of the original yard, on the same road as Stanley Trailers and Hollywood Car Dismantlers.
He seems to have every 2nd hand disc mower that was traded in within miles of him. Rare for him to have a tractor . All small money stuff
I think he sells new Krone mowers.

Any muck fork with a grapple around, with these storms becoming more frequent so are the clean up operations like today, most of the day arsing tidying up fence lines.

I dont know him in any way, and wouldnt be rushing to buy any of the tractors he advertises, but mucky told a story of what he would do as a young lad to make a few quid out of tyres and not many young fellas would do it.
@muckymanor might refresh our memory on the details
@Bencroy
Sorry I missed this. When he was young and the border was in place there in Swanlinbar and there was a major price difference in tyres between north and south, he used to have a service where he would come and remove the wheels from your tractor, bring them back to his own place, and put them onto his own tractor, drive it across, get the new tyre fitted and bring them back to you. He did this for a lot of people around here - it was a bit of a treck to drive an old 65 or 165 from here up across the border.

(I also told the story here about how he managed to close the local Chinese restaurant :ban::ban::ban:)

@Bencroy
Sorry I missed this. When he was young and the border was in place there in Swanlinbar and there was a major price difference in tyres between north and south, he used to have a service where he would come and remove the wheels from your tractor, bring them back to his own place, and put them onto his own tractor, drive it across, get the new tyre fitted and bring them back to you. He did this for a lot of people around here - it was a bit of a treck to drive an old 65 or 165 from here up across the border.

(I also told the story here about how he managed to close the local Chinese restaurant :ban::ban::ban:)

Didnt hear that one to be honest.he was in america for years...sure god bless the border wasnt everything brought across....every bicyle for miles around was all cycled across going to see cousin's
Chinese in swad or bmore or when was that supposed to have happened

Didnt hear that one to be honest.he was in america for years...sure god bless the border wasnt everything brought across....every bicyle for miles around was all cycled across going to see cousin's
Chinese in swad or bmore or when was that supposed to have happened

America? Is that what they call it up there? His case was on the Celt. It was the Chinese in swad a good few years ago. I don't think there has been one since.

Anyone know of a Kuhn Primor straw blower breaking for spares?
After the lower section of the rotating chute.
Teeth have worn through on a section.

Back