Grassmen new dvd.

Watched a recently posted you tube video of grassmen using a merger machine for gathering grass into a row.sorry i can't post the link for the want of knowing.

Maybe wrong thread, but do lads think they will replace the rake?rakes can be less than ideal in less than suitable ground conditions. Wet/soft ground,stoney ground,rough dry ground

Watched a recently posted you tube video of grassmen using a merger machine for gathering grass into a row.sorry i can't post the link for the want of knowing.

Maybe wrong thread, but do lads think they will replace the rake?rakes can be less than ideal in less than suitable ground conditions. Wet/soft ground,stoney ground,rough dry ground

Is this the video, it looks a good job but are probably a lot more expensive than a rake, I like what he says about how they keep the muck out of the grass

Watched that earlier, 1st video I watched of there's in a long time. Would be more promotional than a unbiased opinion but I found it very informative and would have answered most of the questions I'd have about the workings of the machine.

I'm sticking with a rake, them mergers are mad money and no farmer is going to pay the extra it costs to run one.

Is this the video, it looks a good job but are probably a lot more expensive than a rake, I like what he says about how they keep the muck out of the grass

I wouldn’t be to convinced about the keeping muck or stones out of it, I know the rake will sweep them in but a baler pick up will gather a lot of dirt and send plenty stones flying too if conditions are bad enough that the rake will so I can’t see how the merger would be any different,

Just one near hear , a farmer owner he likes it . My personal opinion it will be a high wear item to be running long term. Edit the above mentioned man makes 4 cuts .

Nothing worse than a rave/techno track over a tractor video, normally let’s me know it’s a pile of shite recorded by some teenager.

Reactions: Paw
Daniel o Donnell or the woman’s heart just wouldn’t sound right playing over a fleet of silage machinery being filimed by a drone
I don't put any "noise" over my drone shots unless I'm close enough to record the sound of the machines. Trouble is no "noise" gets a bit boring.

For my own youtube videos I usually have just the noise of the machines working along with what every background noise is their. For drone clips I will patch in the noise of the machine working. As for a silage or harvest season or a years review I might add music.
Oh and by the way some members here may recognise themselves or their machines in the second video below :Thumbp2:

Last edited:
@thorpe If you don't mind me asking, do you hand hold or use a tripod with fluid head for video ?
I've tried handheld with the Nikon but it's not always easy to be smooth, especially if also zooming in or out.
I have a tripod but it doesn't really work with a 3way head, I'm considering a fluid head for it but not sure if I'd use it much.

I wouldn’t be to convinced about the keeping muck or stones out of it, I know the rake will sweep them in but a baler pick up will gather a lot of dirt and send plenty stones flying too if conditions are bad enough that the rake will so I can’t see how the merger would be any different,
theres a reason i call our nh 644 the "Stone Chucker"

@thorpe If you don't mind me asking, do you hand hold or use a tripod with fluid head for video ?
I've tried handheld with the Nikon but it's not always easy to be smooth, especially if also zooming in or out.
I have a tripod but it doesn't really work with a 3way head, I'm considering a fluid head for it but not sure if I'd use it much.
To be honest @Alfie I rarely use a tripod but Im using a Panasonic 4k/hd camcorder for all my videoing and only us the Nikon for photos. I have used a tripod more lately especially for the filming of the DVD's as I dont want any unwanted shakes or drops in them but an unintended consequence of this has been as Im turning to follow a machine passing I give the leg of the tripod a kick and there goes a good clip ruined. I still perfer filming with out the tripod but I see it as a necessary evil. Im using a fairly cheap Manfrato all in one tripod, I will get the model number when Im home tomorrow after tonights graveyard 12 shift. It was cheap and cheerful and does the job I want it to do. Harvey Normans finest 18 months ago if my memory is correct, about the same time I bought the drone. Nothing at all fancy.
A huge problem I was having was wind noise so I bought an external mic and an attachement for the mic. The difference is sound quality is unreal even on very windy days.

Nothing worse than a rave/techno track over a tractor video, normally let’s me know it’s a pile of shite recorded by some teenager.

Whilst I agree that annoying techno blasting shyte is"annoying" the right piece of music grafted to some well shot video work is in my opinion the cats whiskers

Reactions: Paw
An impressive fleet, those triple axle Fieldmasters look the job, the JD 9800 isn't bad either :cool:

Just watching a bit of farmflix there last night and one of the videos was of them trying out a Wilson bale trailer.
Said it belonged to John Doherty and a cvx was baling with a fusion. Wonder would it be jaydee that used to post here? He had some great pictures and videos. He had a lovely jd 6930 and mx case as well iirc.

Just watching a bit of farmflix there last night and one of the videos was of them trying out a Wilson bale trailer.
Said it belonged to John Doherty and a cvx was baling with a fusion. Wonder would it be jaydee that used to post here? He had some great pictures and videos. He had a lovely jd 6930 and mx case as well iirc.
@jaydee still some of the best videos on YouTube

Back