Seen for sale...

https://www.donedeal.ie/otherfarmmachinery-for-sale/hymac-141c-excavator/25838621
MzY5MDU1ZGZkM2ZiMzNkMTNjYmJjZjM1Zjg0MGY0MmX-ljCtoxuMVjiKX1yYjsMoaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTU1NDY0OTV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Anyone know what these things are like, and what they’re worth?
MF 8480, 2007, 7k hrs, new engine and gearbox at 5k hrs.

Attachments

• 6B930533-8513-42B3-8A48-5863C3FD6DA3.png
    6B930533-8513-42B3-8A48-5863C3FD6DA3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
  • 790B703E-1F26-4D61-A8ED-FC4435ADACB6.png
    790B703E-1F26-4D61-A8ED-FC4435ADACB6.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 105
  • 172ABDB3-25E4-43BA-A926-6C529AC5A377.png
    172ABDB3-25E4-43BA-A926-6C529AC5A377.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
I drive one infrequently. Animal of a tractor.
It came onto a farm second hand at maybe 5-6 hrs old or thereabouts. Never gave any bother other than a sensor for front suspension and a leak in an oil pipe.

Not sure but there was some mods done on them at some stage - something to do with the engine stiffness and torsional strain but someone on here might know of it. Maybe that why your one there had a new engine ?

I drive one infrequently. Animal of a tractor.
It came onto a farm second hand at maybe 5-6 hrs old or thereabouts. Never gave any bother other than a sensor for front suspension and a leak in an oil pipe.

Not sure but there was some mods done on them at some stage - something to do with the engine stiffness and torsional strain but someone on here might know of it. Maybe that why your one there had a new engine ?
That’s interesting.
It’s really cheap horsepower and I want it for a job for no more than 400hrs a year.
Has it got a Sisu engine?

Did the modification work?

has the sisu engine alright ,900 series fendt gb and back end,classic tractor covered them in a high hp mf feature recently
Could I view that report anywhere?

Read an American forum there now and the general consensus is that they’re a horrendous crock...!
However I’d like to hear from people that know them well before I’d spend...they must be very cheap for a reason.

There’s one near me and it’s forever giving trouble , only does 3/400 hrs a year and sometimes less as it’s stopped so much. Has had a transmission rebuild last year and it’s still giving trouble. Serious power and weight tho when it’s gong

There’s one near me and it’s forever giving trouble , only does 3/400 hrs a year and sometimes less as it’s stopped so much. Has had a transmission rebuild last year and it’s still giving trouble. Serious power and weight tho when it’s gong
Excellent. Many thanks.

That settles that.

That’s interesting.
It’s really cheap horsepower and I want it for a job for no more than 400hrs a year.
Has it got a Sisu engine?

Did the modification work?
Yes sisu. And there has been no troubles since. Doesn’t do big hours but It works a seven furrow Reversible plough And big square baler And such like when on the go.
From what I know, whatever the issue was, it had been addressed during the previous ownership. It is an 09 year tractor.

has the sisu engine alright ,900 series fendt gb and back end,classic tractor covered them in a high hp mf feature recently

You’d imagine. With those shared components From sisu and fendt Etc That someone some where would be able to get on top of the issues, though obviously not in that case.
I’d expect The boys that have machinery like this are usually no fools!

Can't see your link but that just looks like a repainted Collins Teleshift to me from the late 70s / early 80s.
im kind of used to looking at moffets and volvo bm's with the engine behind the cab. not down below it. something you dont see everyday

Back