Late fert application

FIAT 450

Many lads spreading fertiliser now to build covers.? Not sure what to do here. Two days rain and we are bet again.

Many lads spreading fertiliser now to build covers.? Not sure what to do here. Two days rain and we are bet again.
Yeah a few acres of silage just cut so going out with 30units on those for late grazing and going out with 15 or 20units on most of the rest.

Yeah a few acres of silage just cut so going out with 30units on those for late grazing and going out with 15 or 20units on most of the rest.
We were caught up on trying to finish off extending the cow shed the last few weeks and kinda took eye off the ball abit. I want to be off my early ground by the 10rh of Oct and where we are on rotation now it not worth putting fert on it now really. Have 30ac I could get some on but not easy manage if weather turns but you could kick yourself if you didn't aswell. Plus we are liquid milk and the bit of meal is more of a plus than the grass.

Gone with 38 units of protected urea or a bag and a half of CAN depending on what I had left. That it for another year now. Cattle an cows eating a heap of grass atm and the wet August really messed things up. If we get a good dry period that fert will save money.

Might chance spreading abit of can tomorrow. Stick out 20units on the 30ac. Soil tested in Jan and have some 0s to put out on a few fields and straight k on others and that will be me done and dusted for this year. Grass is flying into cows and back out of them here at the moment decided to open up the maize pit today. Have some left so use it up before the next bit comes in. Should help keep cows happy

Much the same here we covered most of the place with pasture sward about 2 weeks ago and more last week that was the last of fert we had left, I suppose it would never be worth it ordering another pallet now at this stage ?...

Bag Urea here across the board. Under serious accommodation pressure so need to keep them out. Most years if set up well can graze into december

Have a 2acre field reseeded last yr grazed an took silage off it. It’s currently looking v poor an yellow although got a light covering of fym a month ago. Have few bags of 0-7-30 left over an just wondering if should ‘sprinkle’ it on?

Have a 2acre field reseeded last yr grazed an took silage off it. It’s currently looking v poor an yellow although got a light covering of fym a month ago. Have few bags of 0-7-30 left over an just wondering if should ‘sprinkle’ it on?
Won't do any harm but it sounds hungry

Spreading P at this time of year is nearly a waste, only some will be taken up and some taken into the soil. The rest washes out. Theres a reason for stopping spreading N and P at this time of year/

The best time for spreading P is in the spring and early summer, like April and may, when you get a lot more results for your money.

You would be better going out with slurry on that ground if you can, still get some N out along with some P and k and stay on the right side of the rules.

Spreading P at this time of year is nearly a waste, only some will be taken up and some taken into the soil. The rest washes out. Theres a reason for stopping spreading N and P at this time of year/

The best time for spreading P is in the spring and early summer, like April and may, when you get a lot more results for your money.

You would be better going out with slurry on that ground if you can, still get some N out along with some P and k and stay on the right side of the rules.
Ok sounds like a better plan. It got ground lime b4 seeding but will give it few bags of gran lime n spring also to help get it going. Thanks for advice.

We spread all our p and k in the back end before deadline is up and are seeing benefits of it.

Back