Combines

Screenshot_20200910_221656_com.facebook.katana.jpg Good value for a modern combine? Is there any good/bad model Deutz, NH is all I'd be familiar with but something like that would be appealing.

Based on all the older models, you won't get the output from the Deutz compared to a NH.

Very simple machine to maintain though.
the older models deutz is the favourite combine this side of the country, a man once told me the reason for that is they are a poor mans combine, when I asked why he said “they don’t break down so remove the repairs cost”

If it was half as good as our 3640 it would be a great combine. What size of New Holland would you have to be able for two hundred tonnes a day.
You'd need to be sitting on a 6 walker in the TX range (66,67 or 68) to achieve that output. A 5 walker CX would harvest 200 tonnes/day, ideally with a 20 foot header or greater.

View attachment 82190 Good value for a modern combine? Is there any good/bad model Deutz, NH is all I'd be familiar with but something like that would be appealing.
Saw that last night,would seem good value but would definitely be checking it over, headed panels look to have a got a hammering, can happen and there is also dent on a panel up high on the grain tank. Neither would affect output but still be worth looking over

Looked in at concave there and right in the centre there is some dirt blocking the wires, what do ye do to clean them, air compressor ?

Is it as bad as this.
0F7B5DB9-0DD7-4BEE-B8E2-F9011F29C833.png When cutting unripe barley you can use deawning plates. I have often seen a bit of hard muck blocking the front of the concave but never did anything about it .

Looked in at concave there and right in the centre there is some dirt blocking the wires, what do ye do to clean them, air compressor ?

Are you looking up from the stone trap or from the top. Happened years ago with us the whole concave caked with clay. I would always keep an eye on every day when cleaning out the stone trap and knock out anything as it will always start right at the start.

Are you looking up from the stone trap or from the top. Happened years ago with us the whole concave caked with clay. I would always keep an eye on every day when cleaning out the stone trap and knock out anything as it will always start right at the start.
Looking from stone trap

Looking from stone trap

can you reach up and is it going far back. Do what ever you can to knock it trough. Small screw driver or maybe a compressor. We had fierce trouble in 2017. 70ac of of barley lodged and bet into the ground. Constantly dragging and very soft ground too so roots just pulled up. Got to the point it just wasn’t trashing and we went looking and this is what we found. The next day we just had to stop ever few hours and just clean off what we could from the front to stop it building up.
084CB92B-5964-43EA-97A3-AD12FAF25EC0.png 3757CB20-C956-4144-96E8-A82DBB70F3B9.png

If it was half as good as our 3640 it would be a great combine. What size of New Holland would you have to be able for two hundred tonnes a day.
@Barrowsider has it there with the NH models, I'd be happy with 150t a day without needing long days to achieve it. We would be in the Kearneys catchment area so Deutz would always have been popular here, we nearly bought a 3575 once upon a time but bought an 8060 instead. I don't think that Deutz above would have any bother cutting 150t a day and is way ahead in value than a NH when you consider a near 20 year old TX 6 walker could be advertised for the same money.

Start with some bad language. I find that works fairly well while your getting the compressor sorted :laugh:. I find the diesel compressor to be great but the shop compressor does the job as well. Tbh this is the first year I've seen the concave to get shite in it.

A rare machine, didn't think any got over this side of the Irish sea.

https://www.donedeal.ie/combineharvesters-for-sale/lely-victory-combine-harvester/25929248

MDFhOTliNGRlYTY3NzcwZDVjM2MzNDljNzVjZDY4ZWXS20sc14vhJeYJl7GheV9aaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTYzMDI0NDl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

How come folding headers never took off in this country? I have seen modern Class combines in France with them, they look to be a mighty job if you are anywhere under 20ft header.

How come folding headers never took off in this country? I have seen modern Class combines in France with them, they look to be a mighty job if you are anywhere under 20ft header.

I'm guessing there is a serious difference in price. You are basically talking about two headers and a folding mechanism although the two headers are much narrower.

Class had one that folded horizontally rather than vertically.

What’s the best way to access grain pan for cleaning ? Take out the 2 sieves ? And I think I’m going to have to attempt rooting at the concave @Danielk is it hard get the neck out

Back