Fertilizer spreaders

FIAT 450

Said would ask what spreader seems to be a good buy at the moment. Currently have a bogballe M2W weight cell also doing section control and auto on off and on the lift arms, so be looking for the same again. Def needs to be 2ton capacity. Bogballe, Amazon or Rauch? She will cover 800-1000 ac a year close to 100 ton going through it. Bogballe and Rauch dealers be 1.5hr away and Amazon 40mins. Our machine is 9 years old and think it could be time to freshen up before trouble starts.

Said would ask what spreader seems to be a good buy at the moment. Currently have a bogballe M2W weight cell also doing section control and auto on off and on the lift arms, so be looking for the same again. Def needs to be 2ton capacity. Bogballe, Amazon or Rauch? She will cover 800-1000 ac a year close to 100 ton going through it. Bogballe and Rauch dealers be 1.5hr away and Amazon 40mins. Our machine is 9 years old and think it could be time to freshen up before trouble starts.

Would a rauch be the same as a Khun?? See a lot of them this side of the water, weigh cells and all the bells and whistles have to be the way ahead, it must be one of the most "undervalued" inputs some farmers put on, ye gads we know how expensive it is, how many actually tray test a "spinner" to see the correct rate is going on???

Would a rauch be the same as a Khun?? See a lot of them this side of the water, weigh cells and all the bells and whistles have to be the way ahead, it must be one of the most "undervalued" inputs some farmers put on, ye gads we know how expensive it is, how many actually tray test a "spinner" to see the correct rate is going on???
Ya it would be the same alright. When we got our 1st gps we wondered how we managed before. Then we bought a weight cell and said what a gift it was. Then we got the last piece of the jigsaw, the technology to run section control and auto on off. There not a hope id go back to not using it.

If you don't want to stick with Bogballe. Then the Rauch/kuhn machines doo look good in fairness. I was looking at a mates new one and it looks well built. It wasn't a fancy one, but the frame was heavy looking.

I would consider Amazone, Rauch/Kuhn better spreaders for section control, if using autosteer or tramlines, but Bogballe is a much more forgiving of mistakes and different grades of fert and more accurate.

If you don't want to stick with Bogballe. Then the Rauch/kuhn machines doo look good in fairness. I was looking at a mates new one and it looks well built. It wasn't a fancy one, but the frame was heavy looking.
Not that I don't want to stick with bogballe just wondering if any other brands have something better

Reactions: AYF
Amazone ZAV 2600 here this year. Very happy with it. Weighcells keep rate spot on, and really easy to check spread pattern using the mats they have instead of tray testing. It’s so easy to set up.

Crops have never been so even here, we even had a few 21m tramlines within one field (should have been 24m) and I just spread the whole field with machine set for 24m and let the gps adjust and it worked out perfect.

The bogballe is great for always having a even crop due to the disks turning in instead of out. I wore a hole in a set of veins top dressing for 1st cut silage two years and I thought I was going to have a awful strippy field and it was still perfect. One major draw back I found with her is the fert is inclined to sit on flat surfaces inside the spreader and outside too. The amount of fert you end up washing off the machine is alot.

Is the contractor route an option, as for the amount of fert the depreciation is going to be big per ton.
We wouldn't have many guys here solely in the job of contract spreading and any that do want to cover the place in one go and we spread twice a week in peak behind cows. I couldn't see him been two pushed to spread a ton of fert in the middle of silage time

The bogballe is great for always having a even crop due to the disks turning in instead of out. I wore a hole in a set of veins top dressing for 1st cut silage two years and I thought I was going to have a awful strippy field and it was still perfect. One major draw back I found with her is the fert is inclined to sit on flat surfaces inside the spreader and outside too. The amount of fert you end up washing off the machine is alot.

That’s one big downfall of the bogballe. I feel it was badly designed. Far to much washing on it I find.

The bogballe we have which is a 1999 model throws a bit of fert on the tractor, the previous wagtail never threw a thing
On ours there is a stainless steel cover behind the disks between the disk and tractor which stops any of that, but there tends to be alot of fert on the spreader it's self doh

Safe to say tams has ruined the second hand value on spreaders. Esp if a guy has his tams money used up already.

Safe to say tams has ruined the second hand value on spreaders. Esp if a guy has his tams money used up already.
It is frightening what a new Spreader is costing. In 1999 I bought a three tonne weigh cell Bogballe bogey and crane for around £13000 thirteen years later I gave € 15000 for a Spreader. I heard lads are giving 25K for section control spreader.

It is frightening what a new Spreader is costing. In 1999 I bought a three tonne weigh cell Bogballe bogey and crane for around £13000 thirteen years later I gave € 15000 for a Spreader. I heard lads are giving 25K for section control spreader.
Ya was quoted close to that for one alright. That didn't bother me as much as was expecting it in or around that but the value of a trade in has dropped the value of a grant more or less. Grant is great when you can get it but it comes to bite the arse off guys who can't

All these grants do is go straight to machinery manufacturers pockets in two ways, inflated prices and extra sales. A double whammy.
Ya it certainly has risen the price of things. But it has also made good 2nd hand gear worthless at the same time. All its doing is filling sheds with 2nd hand gear that lads will turn there nose at cos he knows there 60% grant to be got

For some..

Exactly, no grant here on anything here and no intention of applying at this stage . I doubt I would have bought my ring roller only for it though.

For those who are canny enough, there are great bargains out there in larger mounted, mid size trailed sprayers and larger slurry tanks at the moment because of it.

I'll honestly say only for TAMS there would be a lot of dealers quiet at present and many salesmen would quietly admit that too.

It will be hard to see anything like it rolled out again for a number of years.

Exactly, no grant here on anything here and no intention of applying at this stage . I doubt I would have bought my ring roller only for it though.

For those who are canny enough, there are great bargains out there in larger mounted, mid size trailed sprayers and larger slurry tanks at the moment because of it.

I'll honestly say only for TAMS there would be a lot of dealers quiet at present and many salesmen would quietly admit that too.

It will be hard to see anything like it rolled out again for a number of years.
Only for tams on tillage equipment there would have been next to nothing sold tillage wise. If you have a guy getting 60% and registered for vat it makes a machine very cheap. Was talking to one sales man and he was saying anyone over 50 is been put out of tams and they are ringing lads who applied to see if they are actually going to buy something and apply for tams. He said what ever money is left will be divided out and that will be that. Even guys approved might not get there full amount. Like what you are saying Nash I can't see any new tams out for along time. This virus is going to cost a fortune and EU are pulling back on grant aids

Back