What are you up to in the workshop?

Coolant pump went kaput on the JD 6610 today.
Lucky really as she had been standing mixing on the waggon. Could hear her labouring when I went to feed out and noticed the temp guage waaaay up.
Wasn't on the red but close.

She starts and sounds fine.
But should I look for any other problems now?
How likely is it to have buggered the head gasket?

I looked into fitting a temperature kill switch a few years ago, regret not doing it now!!
When you say kaput, just leaking or bearings gone and lost a lot of coolant?

I just have an ordinary bolt and nut through my adaptor, it’s really only there to stop it sliding off.

But how does the overrun work then? The roll pin is there to allow the inner section to be secured but the outer to spin

But how does the overrun work then? The roll pin is there to allow the inner section to be secured but the outer to spin
Sorry, I’d forgotten about the overrun. Mine is just a standard adaptor to bring it up to inch and three eights.
I think a replacement shaft of the correct size for the tractor is not mad money, saw one before on someone’s website.
Edit, a new shaft complete with housing is €77 plus vat at Cliffords tractor parts.

I'll have to see about getting a pto with the overrun built in, and then the conversion shaft.

Not cheap but it'll be an infintely safer job. that yoke has to go. If I'd realised when I was buying how it works (and how removable it isnt) I'd never have bought it.

When you say kaput, just leaking or bearings gone and lost a lot of coolant?
Impeller snapped off inside the housing.
No loss of coolant at all.
I did hear the engine labouring which concerns me most of all

Lads, any owners of ford tractors with the digit dash out there that could tell me how many 'bars' are displayed for the temperature when the tractor is warmed up, I replaced the thermostat on the ford 6410 a few years ago and I noticed that the gauge doesn't go beyond 1 bar, the tractor does very little work , hedge cutter on it permanently and I just cut my own hedges and a few neighbour's so I can't remember what it read before the thermostat change.

Could it be a faulty temperature sender or the thermostat stuck open?

Impeller snapped off inside the housing.
No loss of coolant at all.
I did hear the engine labouring which concerns me most of all
It was driving the mixer at the time though was it? You'll have to see how it behaves from now on, no point going looking for a problem that may not be there.

Reactions: AYF
A thread to tell us about any interesting workshop projects you're working on at the moment, so we can pick holes and tell you how you should have done it.

Extra points will be awarded for welding that has been performed upside down and underwater.
Does any one know how to clear a stop and low pressure caption on a new Holland TS135A new holland..As usual don't have a oil presure test gauge as bosses will not buy one as not a usual fault,only have user manual,I am buggered if I can find the oil pressure switch to check it out.been a few years since I worked on farm machinery..Just taken over from a guy who has been here 30 years and no computer to down load PDF mauals.all stuff is written in books.would love some advise on websites to get good maintenance manuals to download..Bloody system because of engine management system is putting engine in to shut down mode because of low oil pressure switch is telling it to.

Does any one know how to clear a stop and low pressure caption on a new Holland TS135A new holland..As usual don't have a oil presure test gauge as bosses will not buy one as not a usual fault,only have user manual,I am buggered if I can find the oil pressure switch to check it out.been a few years since I worked on farm machinery..Just taken over from a guy who has been here 30 years and no computer to down load PDF mauals.all stuff is written in books.would love some advise on websites to get good maintenance manuals to download..Bloody system because of engine management system is putting engine in to shut down mode because of low oil pressure switch is telling it to.
I’d suggest telling your boss nicely that it’s either buy a test gauge or run the risk of a €5k repair if the pressure really is low.
The first course of action here really is to determine what the actual pressure is so to eliminate sensor faults etc.

Ya tell the boss and get him to get the dealer out. Or ring the dealer, they'll sell you the sensor and tell you where it is.

Tryingto set up LED strobes but can’t get pattern to change any ideas? I’ve tried touching the yellow off the red when the red is to positive and black to negative but they all stay the same I’ve tried touching the green off the red too but no change .

Attachments

• DEA72B80-9F03-4002-8B1A-CA8A64E8FD89.jpeg
    DEA72B80-9F03-4002-8B1A-CA8A64E8FD89.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 59
  • C7B018ED-ED59-4467-ABF8-272B2ACD455A.jpeg
    C7B018ED-ED59-4467-ABF8-272B2ACD455A.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 57
Tryingto set up LED strobes but can’t get pattern to change any ideas? I’ve tried touching the yellow off the red when the red is to positive and black to negative but they all stay the same I’ve tried touching the green off the red too but no change .
Is there any other info on that wiring sheet?
Don't know how you change the flash pattern but I think the green and yellow wires are used to link 2 or more units together. Wire red and black as stated then join the yellow wires and all units flash together, join the green wires and they flash independently.

Is there any other info on that wiring sheet?
Don't know how you change the flash pattern but I think the green and yellow wires are used to link 2 or more units together. Wire red and black as stated then join the yellow wires and all units flash together, join the green wires and they flash independently.

it says to touch the yellow to red to change patterns and all patterns must be set before pairing

I’d have fitted a good few sets of them Durite 6 led strobes and never had any bother with them not synchronising or changing pattern. I’ll have a look in a bit on a set I have here as it’s a while since I wired any and forget rightly

Lads, any owners of ford tractors with the digit dash out there that could tell me how many 'bars' are displayed for the temperature when the tractor is warmed up, I replaced the thermostat on the ford 6410 a few years ago and I noticed that the gauge doesn't go beyond 1 bar, the tractor does very little work , hedge cutter on it permanently and I just cut my own hedges and a few neighbour's so I can't remember what it read before the thermostat change.

Could it be a faulty temperature sender or the thermostat stuck open?

It will read 1 bar if faulty . Ground the wire of the sensor and it should drive the bars on the dash up. That will tell you the dash is ok. Prob a sensor a they do give bother.

Lads what’s the way of checking if the head gasket is gone in a John Deere engine. Claas 630 here with a John Deere engine . Overhearing after very short drive . Oil is black no sign of water . Or any knowledge of what else is causing it to over heat . Tia

Found this from another durite model So looks like your doing the right thing with the yellow but not sure what the green is for.

Attachments

• 704A0CFE-9C08-4DB2-BA07-FEE9E7BABC2D.png
    704A0CFE-9C08-4DB2-BA07-FEE9E7BABC2D.png
    1 MB · Views: 21
Lads what’s the way of checking if the head gasket is gone in a John Deere engine. Claas 630 here with a John Deere engine . Overhearing after very short drive . Oil is black no sign of water . Or any knowledge of what else is causing it to over heat . Tia
Could possibly be the waterpump ,be my first check

Is it using any water?

Bubbles in the header tank is a sign.

as Baz says water pump,Deere’s were known for the plastic impeller failing.

Had the tractor ticking over in the yard perfectly . Drove 1/2 mile temp went high water coming out of overflow pipe on header tank . Probably took 3 maybe 4 liter`s of water . When i got back to the yard . No bubbles coming out the pipe on the header tank when tractor was started from cold .
Is it using any water?

Bubbles in the header tank is a sign.

as Baz says water pump,Deere’s were known for the plastic impeller failing.

Back