Fast bales

Seeing it in action
he is going about picking up them bales very gingerly, considering he would have put in plenty of practice for a promotional video.
Also youd need a big yard for dropping off the bales between the first batch of eight bales, then the second batch of eight and enough room to pull the rig clear of the lot !
Yeah it would definitely take a bit of room to drop the full load, but I guess any trailer that can carry that volume would need a bit of room to be able to be emptied too

well designed to be fair
There’s a lot of thought gone into it in fairness!

Not mad about the way it throws the bales off the table back on to the lifting frame to drop off the bales .
I thought that too but I’d say a bit of practice you could have them going back to the arms fairly gentle, I’d say you’d want to or the stress of dropping 4 bales on those arms roughly wouldn’t be long showing

Problem is, you now need a dedicated chaser driver when you get into that sort of money. thats nothing new in the big baler game, but with these type setups they still need handling when you get them back to the yard. So a loader of some sort or tractor.
They save time, but at what cost? How much would you need to charge an hour for that setup, a driver and a 150hp tractor? Then factor in the final phase rehandling.
And just to tease it out further

undoubtedly this (and keltec/Wilson) is way faster than a bale trailer for any draw under a couple miles. However when you factor in the man on the loader in the yard it needs to be Re assessed And compare like with like

so in this system you have 2 men and tractors, 1 hauling 1 stacking. With trailers (or double rear handlers for short draw) you have 2 men hauling and both stacking. Is there much if any difference? In fact on slightly longer draws would 2 trailers be better?

of course tying down every load when using trailers is unbelievably time consuming if you are to be 100% compliant

Seeing it in action
he is going about picking up them bales very gingerly, considering he would have put in plenty of practice for a promotional video.
Also youd need a big yard for dropping off the bales between the first batch of eight bales, then the second batch of eight and enough room to pull the rig clear of the lot !
Nothing stoping you placing the second 8 facing another way or besides the first. But yes. Still a lot of room.

Could handle squares and straw squares and all sorts with it.

And I bet it would find uses.
Plus the trailer is still fit for a load of feed or fert.
I wonder did he forget what he had when he dropped them off..

looks the sort of thing for the rich kids:scratchhead:
is it really any quicker then a decent 28ft trailer and tractor and loader? where you'd carry 17 on trailer and maybe 1 on the loader if your not going down the road

passing fad in my view

Watched the video there, whatever about the practicalities in yards and fields and how cost efficient it would be to buy one, the thought and engineering that went into making it is very impressive.
Malone are a super company to deal with, I got spare parts of them, and they bent over backwards to sort me. They had no reason as I never bought anything off them. But would give them the height of praise

Malone are a super company to deal with, I got spare parts of them, and they bent over backwards to sort me. They had no reason as I never bought anything off them. But would give them the height of praise
Great company to deal with ,

Do they tick all the boxes when loaded for a "secure load" ?

It says in the add it's RSA approved, but even if it or the Malone went over on it's side in an accident the bale will still come of the trailer and could land on top of a car or pedestrian

It says in the add it's RSA approved, but even if it or the Malone went over on it's side in an accident the bale will still come of the trailer and could land on top of a car or pedestrian
If a load of stone tipped over it wouldn't be healthy either. No strap would hold an 800kg bale falling either. There's a lot to be said for an extra trailer drawing too. Was bringing silage bales home the other day, had 28 between the two, could have brought 31 if i had a trunk.

I may be a bit biased but I watched a keltec in a kerry field.
By a kerry field I mean lots of humps a slight hill and about 20 corners.
He was carrying 10 our trailers carry 12 on the floor and I reckon the loading shovel with the double grab would be every bit as fast putting 12 on the trailer and unloading it.
Baring in mind that set up would be doing 14 a round so compare the times with the keltec doing 10 id say the end result would be the same time wise

If a load of stone tipped over it wouldn't be healthy either. No strap would hold an 800kg bale falling either. There's a lot to be said for an extra trailer drawing too. Was bringing silage bales home the other day, had 28 between the two, could have brought 31 if i had a trunk.

Isnt that the reason now for quarry trucks having roll over sheets?

It's to stop the dust blowing off the top

that aswell, but it will restrict the distance the material will travel when a truck over turns. Bales will be off rolling away, if one of those trailers whips over, and by god we see enough trailers of straw over turned each year. the straps hold most bales intact on the loads that overturn, if strapped right

I may be a bit biased but I watched a keltec in a kerry field.
By a kerry field I mean lots of humps a slight hill and about 20 corners.
He was carrying 10 our trailers carry 12 on the floor and I reckon the loading shovel with the double grab would be every bit as fast putting 12 on the trailer and unloading it.
Baring in mind that set up would be doing 14 a round so compare the times with the keltec doing 10 id say the end result would be the same time wise
Was moving bales tonight with the tractor(with loader) and trailer . 15 bales at a time round trip including loading and unloading was taking 1hr . Brought 30 tonight would a 10 pack have brought 3 loads in the same time I wonder .

Contractor near here was saying that to me a few years ago, said the keltec was too expensive, he had 3flat trailers, an 18', 22'& 30'for drawing bales. Within 3years he had 2 10bale keltec and only used flat trailers for very long draws and straw. Having worked them you really can clear a field quick. Last couple years I had to wrap and stack with a wrapper on a loadall for him on a job. Draw was about 2 miles each way and the 2 keltec were drawing. They used arrive together as the yard was beside a busy beach and narrow road with cars parked along it and didn't want them meeting on the road. I was under fair pressure to have the loads cleared before they arrived back with next loads.
But t you do need good driver on them. Last year I had problem wrapping some bales as the netting was damaged, had to rebale some the next morning. I he baler man said one of the driver was driving too fast into bales and dragging them.
From experience and other driver experience, wrapped bales easier to load with them, even my old lad says dad with our Malone. He works it the most of the time and he's nearly 80. What is big help on the video is the hydraulic drawbar, mighty job for lining up to bales.
All I know is the example above and in our own case in a similar situation field to yard I started with a 35 bale head start and the volvo and the tractor and trailer were waiting for bales in the end

Back