Recommend a printer

Have a wireless brother printer here . Was a great printer till window`s 10 came along . Now cant get it to connect wireless . Seems to be a common issue with using windows 10 and brother printers
As title wireless printer that won’t break bank.

IT director told us to get these during lockdown (obviously claimed it back). Was happy enough with it when I needed to print something. Handy to have scanner too. Printers are cheap. It's the ink where they get it back.
https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computin...s-all-in-one-inkjet-printer-10167992-pdt.html
Have an oldish wireless printer but can’t get it to connect to network it’s still on original internet of yrs ago. So think handiest to go for something as n ur link. Is there a dearer printer with cheaper ink? Thanks.

Have an oldish wireless printer but can’t get it to connect to network it’s still on original internet of yrs ago. So think handiest to go for something as n ur link. Is there a dearer printer with cheaper ink? Thanks.
I'm no IT expert, I was just meant all makes of printer are cheap and they get it back on the ink. Bit like power tools and batteries. You can try spurious ink cartridges maybe

I'm glad Burdizzo mentioned ink as some of these printers have crazy prices. Make sure whatever you get the ink is shared with several models and that you can get it online and in a shop.

Local stationery shop did refillable cartridges here at one stage but that was a very old printer.

If your budget allows go for Laser jet over Inkjet too.

I bought a second hand hp black and white laser printer for €20 with 90% toner left. It connects to the network via Ethernet cable and I can print wirelessly from a laptop.

For any colour prints I need I can get that done in the local print shop.

Any updates on this thread?
Have had a hp Lazer printer for years,It died lately,brother gave me one that's been in his attic for ten years,it works but the cartridge is low,a new cartridge is 150 euro approx and he and the other IT brother reckon better to buy a new one as it could pack in after spending the money.i had only just bought a new one for the other one when it calves!
Local office shop was pushing me towards an inkjet with large cartridge for a few thousand pages about 300 euro.
Having had a Lazer printer I know it would be slower.printer would be used once a week I suppose ,not big volume but want reliability and cheap cost per page.
Apparently inkjet can be more trouble some especially if over worked or left idle.for long periods??

Inkjet need regular use or the ink dries in the nozzles.
In this throw-away society we now live in, it's often cheaper to buy a new laser printer than it is to buy replacement cartridges.

Any updates on this thread?
Have had a hp Lazer printer for years,It died lately,brother gave me one that's been in his attic for ten years,it works but the cartridge is low,a new cartridge is 150 euro approx and he and the other IT brother reckon better to buy a new one as it could pack in after spending the money.i had only just bought a new one for the other one when it calves!
Local office shop was pushing me towards an inkjet with large cartridge for a few thousand pages about 300 euro.
Having had a Lazer printer I know it would be slower.printer would be used once a week I suppose ,not big volume but want reliability and cheap cost per page.
Apparently inkjet can be more trouble some especially if over worked or left idle.for long periods??
At the start of this year our printer gave up. Like you we'd be using it once a week to either copy something or print something. A lot of stuff that I do is over the phone now so it's great to be anywhere and be able to send a page to the printer at home - that was a must for me.

Biggest issue since covid is ink cartridges - the ones that we had doubled from 25 to 50 euro in a short period.

What we ended up with was a hp smart tank printer with a feeder to the scanner for copying. It cost 350 but came with enough ink to print 12000 black or 8000 colour pages. A bottle of black ink for it costs 15 euro and will do 6000 pages. In comparison, the inkjet cartridges that we used to buy for 50 will do approximately 1200 pages.

We have it almost a year now and it has been flawless. The only thing that can go in it is a print head and they were 15 euro in the shop the time that we bought it.

@muckymanor is that a ln inkjet then?
I've heard of the tank ones alright.
Local shop doesn't stock them.
It doesn't copy or scan then?
It's an inkjet but doesn't use ink cartridges. The problem with inkjet isn't that ink dries in the nozzles but rather where the ink cartridge and printer meet - so technically uou shouldn't have that issue with this one because there's a continuous flow of ink from the tank to the print head - You just pour a bottle of ink into tank.

We have had it a year and the black ink tank is still 3/4 full.

It copies and scans also.

Only ever had inkjet printers here, the current one is a Brother DCP-J552DW that's here for 7 or 8 years. It is mostly used for printing invoices and would often go a month without printing anything at all. There was an issue with dried ink in the nozzles about 5 or 6 years ago but a bit of patience and some Windolene solved the problem and it hasn't arisen since. I think it was about €150 the time I bought it.

Back