What are you up to in the workshop?

Putting a replacement centre brake light in the car today. Old one wasn't lighting fully and the car liked to remind me every time I used it. New one fought me for an hour trying to get it back on the little guides and under the headliner:censored:€30 repair though so not too bad

Attachments

• 20201018_184839.jpg
    20201018_184839.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 56
Last night's cut and shut wiper linkage:20201020_002027 (2).jpg

Replacing another cut and shut which replaced a Wipex linkage which replaced the original. I've emailed Wipex about getting replacement sockets for their linkage so should hopefully have something on the shelf ready to go next time.

Decided to make a start at this today. The loader that came on the 4355 was looking very faded and I felt it was letting down the tractor so with winter coming if it wasn't done now it would be left off again till next year. The dirty work cleaning it down starts now! It seems to be a common fault with massey loaders, I doubt it was two pack paint that was used on these these loader going by how it faded? Got stickers made up by the decal shed, I'll stick up more pics as I'm going along.

Attachments

• IMG_20201025_170531.jpg
    IMG_20201025_170531.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 104
Decided to make a start at this today. The loader that came on the 4355 was looking very faded and I felt it was letting down the tractor so with winter coming if it wasn't done now it would be left off again till next year. The dirty work cleaning it down starts now! It seems to be a common fault with massey loaders, I doubt it was two pack paint that was used on these these loader going by how it faded? Got stickers made up by the decal shed, I'll stick up more pics as I'm going along.
That 4270 looks like new

How does the decal shed work... do you take a picture and they scale it or do they have template for most common decals?

How does the decal shed work... do you take a picture and they scale it or do they have template for most common decals?
That's the stickers he done for me, they are spot on tbh. I whatsapped him pics with the measurements. He never done a set of them before. If you ever watched any of the videos on you tube by "i farm we farm" he done decals for his McConnell hedge cutter. That's where I saw him.

This should really be in a thread of It's own!!

Nearly have all sanded down, a while this evening should finish it. Rightly or wrongly we didnt sand blast it as didn't think there was enough rust on it? Happy enough with how it's coming out.

Attachments

• IMG_20201028_132836.jpg
    IMG_20201028_132836.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 89
Nearly have all sanded down, a while this evening should finish it. Rightly or wrongly we didnt sand blast it as didn't think there was enough rust on it? Happy enough with how it's coming out.
Did he use wire Brush on grinder or something else? Looks good

Did he use wire Brush on grinder or something else? Looks good
I used the flap disk anywhere their was a bit of rust. The rest is hand sanded and a bit done with a wee bosch sander. Ran out of pads for it. It's a good job for any flat surfaces though

I used the flap disk anywhere their was a bit of rust. The rest is hand sanded and a bit done with a wee bosch sander. Ran out of pads for it. It's a good job for any flat surfaces though
Just need to be careful with the flap disk because the marks can come through the paint.
If your concerned about it there's a filler primer out there that will smoothen any of these marks.
I'm not letting on to be an expert I only know this because I made that mistake :lol:

Just need to be careful with the flap disk because the marks can come through the paint.
If your concerned about it there's a filler primer out there that will smoothen any of these marks.
I'm not letting on to be an expert I only know this because I made that mistake :lol:
There's not much rust on it so I'll take a chance on it..... Every day is a school day👍

Last edited:
As did I on some steel Panels!

The engineering department have made the log-splitter moveable by the loader. The idea is to have long hoses so a tractor with a sprayer or other machine on it can split a few sticks without removing the machine. The frame can be removed and revert to three point linkage.

Attachments

• 797FBD89-8622-41A7-86BD-176F84F5CC0C.jpeg
    797FBD89-8622-41A7-86BD-176F84F5CC0C.jpeg
    352.6 KB · Views: 122
  • F6BAB91A-DE0A-484F-BDD8-91E2A98ABFAE.jpeg
    F6BAB91A-DE0A-484F-BDD8-91E2A98ABFAE.jpeg
    291.4 KB · Views: 118
Back