ShaneB's Photos

Yea, have it 2 years now bought with TAMS. 21mtr Berthoud 2,500ltr, DP Tronic, very accurate and great to cover ground quick compared to our old 12m, 800ltr one. I have it 3/4 full in the shed and the evening I am going spraying, throw in the chemicals and top up. I can finish my bit with one tank, compared to one field at the time with the old one.
Now that is a serious machine 👍 give me a shout in about 20 years I might be able to buy it off u then!!!

This guy sells row crops and would locate a set at some stage if you told him what you want.
Thanks for the link @Bog Man, same width as on the sprayer is best way to go I suppose. I have been shutting off 3 pipes for each tramline for a few years to try minimise green grains.

At seven o’clock one morning after traveling seven miles on the road I was just about to cross a bridge in a field and the tracking drawbar on our then Berthoud broke clean off . I think it was the year 2000 and the sprayer was three years old . It broke the PTO but not the electrics and some hydraulic pipes. The welds had broken. I got a lend of Brennan’s sprayer to empty it and got J&J to weld it with the mobile welder. A bit of blue paint and a few bits and she was back perfect.Traded her in 2001 for the present sprayer.

Ya she does lock tight, haven’t really figured out how it all works yet!!! She has no pto she’s driven by hydraulic motor so one less thing to bend! What year is your one? @Barrowsider
Ours was '97, upgraded to a '07 3200 last year with a rigid drawbar. Hydraulic motor sounds like a great job. Being honest, I didn't like the tracking drawbar due to the PTO angle, particularly acute on JD due to short link arms. Hydraulic motor would have prevented a lot of Issues.

Ours was '97, upgraded to a '07 3200 last year with a rigid drawbar. Hydraulic motor sounds like a great job. Being honest, I didn't like the tracking drawbar due to the PTO angle, particularly acute on JD due to short link arms. Hydraulic motor would have prevented a lot of Issues.
Ah very good, racer so now? Well I hope it is, if not be back to pto! See how the drawbar goes if it’s a pain it will be a length of box iron back to a drawbar job!

My father used to do all of the spraying with the old sprayer on a DB 990, narrow wheels on that. But that tractor now belongs to my brother, but I wouldn’t like spraying with it anyway with the open cab. I’ve had cancer twice so try to mind what goes into my body.
I have been thinking of getting rowcrops for the 1494 all right but don’t know where I might get my hands on a set. Might try Tanners sometime.
I’ve only a half mile of road to do so they wouldn’t have to be super strong rowcrops.
Thanks for the link @Bog Man, same width as on the sprayer is best way to go I suppose. I have been shutting off 3 pipes for each tramline for a few years to try minimise green grains.

I assume those are 16.9 r34's on the 1494, if so a set of 13.6r38 are probably best and you can then use the tractor for other duties too as they are not that narrow.

Other options would be 9.5 and It's either 44 or 48in, I can't remember but none of those sizes are that rare, just a matter of getting the centre pan that works for you.

The guys in the link that Bog Man has are experts at that stuff so should get you something.

I assume those are 16.9 r34's on the 1494, if so a set of 13.6r38 are probably best and you can then use the tractor for other duties too as they are not that narrow.

Other options would be 9.5 and It's either 44 or 48in, I can't remember but none of those sizes are that rare, just a matter of getting the centre pan that works for you.

The guys in the link that Bog Man has are experts at that stuff so should get you something.
Nash, I cant think what size are on the tractor. The sprayer has 13.6 R38 all right.
I might try those lads On BM’s link over the winter to see if I can get it sorted.

Nash, I cant think what size are on the tractor. The sprayer has 13.6 R38 all right.
I might try those lads On BM’s link over the winter to see if I can get it sorted.
D2921562-3440-4088-BB43-82C4F3ED9FA1.jpgEB0C53A4-1D3B-4276-999E-135F96236105.jpg
Might be of some help to you, but Nash is spot on with 13.6 r38.

we got wheels off the lads in Wexford, I’d say you’d have no problem getting a set from them a serious selection of wheels in the yard in fairness to them.

Ah very good, racer so now? Well I hope it is, if not be back to pto! See how the drawbar goes if it’s a pain it will be a length of box iron back to a drawbar job!
True, lots of tracker sprayers have been easily converted to rigid drawbar over the years. Yes, another Racer. We hadn't really planned on changing but came across an immaculate example for handy money. As mentioned above the TAMS grant has resulted in great value in the second hand market.

True, lots of tracker sprayers have been easily converted to rigid drawbar over the years. Yes, another Racer. We hadn't really planned on changing but came across an immaculate example for handy money. As mentioned above the TAMS grant has resulted in great value in the second hand market.
A solid Drawbar be fine for what I’m spraying, but we’ll work away with this drawbar see how we get on🙈

Shur that’s why I ended up with up, I shouldn’t be able to buy one of them machine for the little bit we’ve to do,only that tams has lads buying new one and throwing away older ones

Last edited:
Are those wheel centres similar to anything common so you could swop them? She looks well, send me on that sprayer cert no again on Snapchat, I know a fella that might need it........
I’m lead to believe a ford rim will fit, will need something wider for grass, Sound lad!
Haha no screenshots.....🤭🤭

John Deere rims I think. @Claas Grass did something similar with his old sprayer if I remember rightly.
Good memory, I used a JD centre, I wanted a 13.6x38 which was very hard to get as the bigger centre was uncommon with a narrow tyre, I welded a JD centre into a Ford rim, the man in Wexford said they were hard to come across and hadn't any at the time, a David Browne rim would have fitted. @ShaneB140 would have plenty of options as width won't be an issue on grassland.

Back