Masseyrk662 pics

Ah I was only sneering lad, pass no heed. I know everyone from Roscommon town up north of you is charging by the hour but more power to you if you can get 135 per hour for spreading. Were only 45mins north of you and we charge( 60 + vat I think) for a 2600 with trailing shoe, so your not doing too bad at all. Agitating is on top of that of course
That was best case scenario which only works in one yard where the slurry is pure water and the shed is in the field your spreading and don’t forget that’s including the agitation so it’s not as nice Looks. You know some of the larger contractors around me and they are all charging slurry by the load with the exception of the pipe systems

60 an hour isn't too bad for a slurry tank. What are other lads paying by the hour? Have our own 2500gal tank here as we have an open cubicle yard so lots of watery slurry.

Doesn't matter if charging for rakeing of not. The price is probably built into the price of a bale

Funny how areas differ, be a good few baling outfits about here, two contractors that would be doing up on 20k bales in the year and a few smaller ones. None of them have a rake or a tedder. Be 3 other lads at that kinda work on its own. Tenner a acre for raking and 8 for tedding would be the run of it.

Last couple of years been thinking about buying a disc harrow, mainly just for freshening up ploughed ground in reseeds or ripping up the wild bird covers which we sow a lot of on hire. Decided to keep the amazone offered to us earlier this year, a lot of work to be done with it but I have from now until February before I get busy with hire work again so it’s something to do more than anything. Got a full set of discs and there bolts and nuts full set of bearings, full set of seals, new rollers for transport position, new bushings and new crumbler bearings for it. Altogether the disc and all of the parts came to 4920 including the vat. Have all my own labour to put in now but it’s more something to do than anything now for winter, might get it sand blasted and sprayed too depending how it goes

Attachments

• F77CD3AF-2ABA-4217-87BE-E8F715F06075.png
    F77CD3AF-2ABA-4217-87BE-E8F715F06075.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
  • 62474AE5-55A6-4F59-9608-13C86F6C72F4.jpeg
    62474AE5-55A6-4F59-9608-13C86F6C72F4.jpeg
    476.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Last couple of years been thinking about buying a disc harrow, mainly just for freshening up ploughed ground in reseeds or ripping up the wild bird covers which we sow a lot of on hire. Decided to keep the amazone offered to us earlier this year, a lot of work to be done with it but I have from now until February before I get busy with hire work again so it’s something to do more than anything. Got a full set of discs and there bolts and nuts full set of bearings, full set of seals, new rollers for transport position, new bushings and new crumbler bearings for it. Altogether the disc and all of the parts came to 4820 including the vat. Have all my own labour to put in now but it’s more something to do than anything now for winter, might get it sand blasted and sprayed too depending how it goes
Thats a fair cost without pricing your own labour into it, considering a Polish new 3 metre could be got for less than 6k plus vat less 40% tams. What width is the amazone? Looks 3 metre also.

Thats a fair cost without pricing your own labour into it, considering a Polish new 3 metre could be got for less than 6k plus vat less 40% tams. What width is the amazone? Looks 3 metre also.
See the problem we have here is myself and the father are farming our tillage separately he had 33 acres of crops on his land so he’s not eligible for tams and Iv 47 but this is my first year with that much and Iv not the maps on it all either so I Don’t think I’m covered either

Looks very similar to the one above.

They’re probably all very similar in build but can’t see another 4 or 5 €k difference. A pneumatic or spinner seeder is available from the same company, I’ve applied for both on TAMs.

Namyslo, maybe you can post the ad from DoneDeal up, iPad won’t let me. The dealer is in Tullow, Co. Carlow.
One thing that really put me off them was he had 2 in the shed one behind the other, on the front one the front discs were tilted in one direction and on the second one they were the opposite, I know it would make no difference to how it worked or anything just it kind of threw me a bit that the factory didn’t keep things consistent...

One thing that really put me off them was he had 2 in the shed one behind the other, on the front one the front discs were tilted in one direction and on the second one they were the opposite, I know it would make no difference to how it worked or anything just it kind of threw me a bit that the factory didn’t keep things consistent...
That might be one of the company’s first harrows and they may have changed the direction or it may simply be an assembly mistake done here, I’d doubt a factory could assemble harrows differently but anything’s possible! As long as replacement discs are priced reasonably and hubs etc don’t give trouble I’d be happy enough.

That might be one of the company’s first harrows and they may have changed the direction or it may simply be an assembly mistake done here, I’d doubt a factory could assemble harrows differently but anything’s possible! As long as replacement discs are priced reasonably and hubs etc don’t give trouble I’d be happy enough.
I know it’s only something minor really but just something that threw me, it’s definitely from the factory as the beams are welded in and the fold up disc was on the opposite sides.

Looking at the advert the discs appear to be the opposite way between picture 2 and picture 3.

Mentioned it on another disc harrow thread but I think it would be worth getting at least one complete left/right spare leg assembly so you can just unbolt it at the frame bracket and get back working and repair the bearing another day

Back