Quads

would a yamaha 350 be able to tow a 500kg load of fertiliser in a quad spreader ? , no hills but slight slope in some fields
Persume it would be one of those f...s of ground driven spreaders.
A 5 bag spreader probably but not 500kgs.
Had a ground driven one.gamberini.
We made up a spreader with a 5.5hp engine and 6 to 1 reduction gearbox and 500kg vicon.
You need 500 cc for it for comfort

Persume it would be one of those f...s of ground driven spreaders.
A 5 bag spreader probably but not 500kgs.
Had a ground driven one.gamberini.
We made up a spreader with a 5.5hp engine and 6 to 1 reduction gearbox and 500kg vicon.
You need 500 cc for it for comfort

achison ground driven spreader 500 kg capacity , i remember towing a 500kg spreader for cal mag on a farm in NZ twenty years ago with a honda 350 but that farm was as flat as a snooker table

would a can am 450 do the trick ? , suppose to be more powerful than equivelent yamaha or honda ?

speaking of the can am , are there actually any dealers in the south ? , i see they are owned by bombardier who make planes , big factory in belfast , they are surely better than the chinese offerings anyway if perhaps inferior to yamaha or honda ? , suzuki appear no more expensive second hand than can am , not sure suzuki quads are that great though ?

Crowd in kilkenny does them.
Neighbour is on his 2nd one.
1st one was stole same night as 7 others locally.
He likes it.has half ton vicon on his 500 cc canam.
Says there well built considering the fact that ya would need to by right give him " a hacket to butter toast ".
Ya get away with 450 cc prob.wet hills will test any brand and sort of toys from the maçhines middling lively

Crowd in kilkenny does them.
Neighbour is on his 2nd one.
1st one was stole same night as 7 others locally.
He likes it.has half ton vicon on his 500 cc canam.
Says there well built considering the fact that ya would need to by right give him " a hacket to butter toast ".
Ya get away with 450 cc prob.wet hills will test any brand and sort of toys from the maçhines middling lively

i have no hills but thee odd gentle slope , the Can Am do look good , bit different to the more conservative styling of the Honda

Can am here too. They are good bikes.
Feel better built and have more pulling in them than the equivalent. The Yammaha was somehow more fun iykwim, could pull doughnuts better!😂

Whats the difference between a TRX honda and a Fourtrax ?

no need to answer this one , they are essentially the same thing , looked into it

Last edited:
Can am here too. They are good bikes.
Feel better built and have more pulling in them than the equivalent. The Yammaha was somehow more fun iykwim, could pull doughnuts better!😂

they look like a fresher design , honda are a bit conservative looking , thats the japanese for you

I bought brand new CF MOTO 450 from quad factors this year can be road registered if needed, for 200€ more great bike power steering serious winch on front great for towing I’ve a jarmet quad spreader put 5 bags in soft ground no hassle to it! Front and rear diff locks plug for trailer lights usb charging points under body protection guards it really is well worth it paid nearly 6k you won’t look back!

do you mind me asking where you bought , seems to be above 6 k with JF hanley ?

narrowed a choice down to two , same money effectively but cork one is a 2015 while the one up North is a 2018 , wondering if the red would hold its value better ?

anyone familiar with this dealer in Derry ?

2wd is only ok if you don't want to tow anything bigger than a wheelbarrow!

Even without a load you'll wish you had 4wd in a wet spot!

A mate has a fairly new Suzuki. Gets allong well with it!

2wd is only ok if you don't want to tow anything bigger than a wheelbarrow!

Even without a load you'll wish you had 4wd in a wet spot!

A mate has a fairly new Suzuki. Gets allong well with it!

quad will only be for herding and getting around , surely a 2wd would tow a small trailer with a sheep inside or something ? , i mean a quad trailer , not a builders trailer

quad will only be for herding and getting around , surely a 2wd would tow a small trailer with a sheep inside or something ? , i mean a quad trailer , not a builders trailer
All depends on your land and what you want I suppose.
I would never go 2wd. You'd soon know on a wet field if you've forgotten to engage 4wd on mine, that's without a trailer.
It will keep going and get there, just slower and a bit more mess.

Think of it exactly like a tractor, 4wd is bound to get through faster than 2wd.

All depends on your land and what you want I suppose.
I would never go 2wd. You'd soon know on a wet field if you've forgotten to engage 4wd on mine, that's without a trailer.
It will keep going and get there, just slower and a bit more mess.

Think of it exactly like a tractor, 4wd is bound to get through faster than 2wd.

you might be right , i could get a 4wd suzuki 400 for an extra 1300 euro ( same year ) , not much really

Be like buying a yaris and getting a drive in a audi a6.
Ya would regret the purchase of the yara also if you buy the smaller 2wd bike if you decide to upgrade there wouldnt be to many looking for a small 2wd

Ya would regret the purchase of the yara also if you buy the smaller 2wd bike if you decide to upgrade there wouldnt be to many looking for a small 2wd

You'd have the recreational market for smaller bikes , wouldn't really be worried about selling on , lack of power only consideration

Cf moto anybody know the pros and cons of them. They seem to be good value.
Don't know to much about them bar seeing them on donedeal. They are a good bit cheaper than the other brands but I wonder what they are like long term.
4 new quads sold locally the last while, all Honda 520's. Came close to trading the quad here a few months back but decided to run it on for another few years. Would have went for the 520 if it had came to it.

Back