Stihl oil bar usage

You cut the sidewall where it meets the tread . The wire was only under the tread and on the rim . Maybe modern tyres are different . We also cut pit silage into blocks with a chainsaw with not a lot of success . A hay knife does a better job . This was before block cutters and sheargrabs . Some guy came and demonstrated a Hydraulic chainsaw to do it .
The hydraulic saws didn't last long, dragging two lengths of hydraulic hose around with you.:sweatdrop:

You cut the sidewall where it meets the tread . The wire was only under the tread and on the rim . Maybe modern tyres are different . We also cut pit silage into blocks with a chainsaw with not a lot of success . A hay knife does a better job . This was before block cutters and sheargrabs . Some guy came and demonstrated a Hydraulic chainsaw to do it .

Would that hydraulic saw be run off a tractor? A guy told me he ran a hydraulic saw off a deutz dx one time. I didnt believe him at the time (1990s)

how was it that they could cut silage but engine driven saws couldn,t ?
Whilst at Gurteen we visited a farm and there was a David Brown 880 (red) set up with a hydraulic driven chainsaw stationed at the pit to cut silage.
The trick was simply to reverse the chain on the bar. I never tried it myself but it seemed to work ok.

Back